Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rycote Super Softie compared to their Classic Softie  (Read 20914 times)

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Rycote Super Softie compared to their Classic Softie
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2016, 03:45:01 PM »
John's Sound Link site definitely has much more complete Gefell information than Gefell's own site.  I feel like they should just make his the official page for their recording products, and just maintain the measurement line separately, sort of like DPA vs.B&K.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 07:16:21 AM »
John's Sound Link site definitely has much more complete Gefell information than Gefell's own site.  I feel like they should just make his the official page for their recording products, and just maintain the measurement line separately, sort of like DPA vs.B&K.

+T

Not to get too far off topic but upon checking the Gefell link on John's page I noticed that Gefell now has a new SDC, the M320 omni mic.  I knew that Gefell had added the M310 hyper-cardioid a few years ago to supplement the M300 cardioid.  The M3xx's mics are all fixed capsule mics and to be honest I'd love to own all three of them.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:15:13 AM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2016, 01:38:56 PM »

LOL

Being a sound recordist myself I like the site to have all the information I would want myself, so I get all the info. I can lay my hands on up there - including pressing Gefell for info. that is not on their own site - eg: the frequency response curves of the M221 with the KA3 and KA4 frequency balls.

I had the info. on the new M320 omni up the same day as it was released - getting them to send me the PDF data sheet and then converting some of the diagrams to pictures so I could get them up straight away.

And I and up taking photos on the iPhone of various things which get put up there.

Glad you like it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com