Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: finding someone (UK based )to repair broken CA14 microphone lead  (Read 1926 times)

Offline mrblister

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Newbie
finding someone (UK based )to repair broken CA14 microphone lead
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
Hi,

I have a pair of church Audio CA11s with a broken / snapped lead.  I know I could send them back to Chris, but that would involve time & import duty.

So, does anyone know of a specific UK based company that could fix a new lead?  I've tried local small electrical retailers /TV repair type shops but not found anyone willing to do it yet.  I have no technical capability myself. Someone who would accept them mail order would be even better.

Cheers

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
Re: finding someone (UK based )to repair broken CA14 microphone lead
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:43:29 AM »
It's going to depend where the break is. If it's in the connection inside the mic you'll probably have to go to Chris. If it's near the plug, that should be simple for anyone who can solder wires together.

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:55:35 AM »
I do know someone who might be bale to do this (he's shit hot at electrical repairs, and works in the theater industry), but he lost his workshop during the Denmark Street upheaval. I will pm you his email address in case he still operates.

If you do return the mics to Chris, you should not pay import duty if you label the goods / ask him to on the return journey "broken microphones for repair, customs value $20".

UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:30:48 AM »
I do know someone who might be bale to do this (he's shit hot at electrical repairs, and works in the theater industry), but he lost his workshop during the Denmark Street upheaval. I will pm you his email address in case he still operates.

If you do return the mics to Chris, you should not pay import duty if you label the goods / ask him to on the return journey "broken microphones for repair, customs value $20".

That's true.

I sent gear back for repair to Chris and never had to pay import duty on the returned goods.
mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com