Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I will make a review: Sony ICD-sx2000  (Read 8985 times)

Offline t001x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I will make a review: Sony ICD-sx2000
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
Hey guys, I took the plunge and ordered one of those new Sony ICD-SX2000 recorders. I was thinking of reviewing it, possibly by video, but at the very least I can post something here. I have been lurking here for a while since int he past I have used both the pcm-m10 and pcm-d50 and came here when researching those purchases. I thought you people might be the most interested in info about this device. My background is searching for all-in-one recorders. I use the built in mics, I don't want to carry around mics or anything else. I record voice, interviews, music(me playing and live), and soundscapes.The size and other features about this recorder were what enticed me to get it. Anyways, it will likely be a couple weeks but if there is any particular questions you want me to answer (I'll do my best, I don't have the other recorders to compare to on hand, most opinions will be highly subjective) or areas of the recorder you like me to examine then please post here. Cheers.

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
Re: I will make a review: Sony ICD-sx2000
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »
I know this thread is pretty old but it's been dead quiet around the Sony ICD-sx2000. Anyone here tested this little thing yet?

I'm curious to know:
1. Is it possible to change line in level during recording without pressing pause first?
2. How is the app? Is it easy to use? Does it have any disconnect issues during recording?
3. Seems like 96kHz/24bit recording is only possible on the internal SD card? How fast is the transfer speed from the internal SD to the external one?
4. Battery life?

I'm not sure this is an ultimate stealth recorder but I find the app interesting as it's less suspious (on the field) to look at your phone during a concert than a "MP3 player".
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline thomasdk7

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:08:32 PM »
From reading the user manual and installing the app (haven't purchased the device), changing line in level is only possible during pause  ::)
Reminds me of my old MZ-R55 minidisc...
I hope I'm wrong.

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:50 PM »
From reading the user manual and installing the app (haven't purchased the device), changing line in level is only possible during pause  ::)
Reminds me of my old MZ-R55 minidisc...
I hope I'm wrong.
Yes, I really hope you are wrong as well. Going back to stone age.
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline sdunscombe

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 02:20:50 PM »
Hi there,
Just wanted to see...  Did you ever get around to writing a review?
I have a d50, and was hoping to get an m10, only to realise it's been discontinued...
Would be super happy for some more info! 
I aim to send a line level signal out of my sound devices mixpre, and use the line-in on the sony......

Offline Erick del Valle

• Taperssection Regular
  • what about this pair of stealthy mics?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 03:45:27 AM »
Hi there,
Just wanted to see...  Did you ever get around to writing a review?
I have a d50, and was hoping to get an m10, only to realise it's been discontinued...
Would be super happy for some more info! 
I aim to send a line level signal out of my sound devices mixpre, and use the line-in on the sony......

X2
Erick del Valle
Santiago de Chile

ilduclo

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
reading a little on this for possible d50 replacement. not really interested in it. I record almost exclusively at 44/24 on the d5o to have headroom for processing. This will ONLY do 44/16 and 96/24.(strike 1!) Also, I am a little afraid that the bluetooth connectivity might cause problems with phone interference even when not turned on. (Strike 2!) Also LION battery instead of AA's

Offline rogs

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
An alternative to the ICD sx 2000 is either the Olympus LS P1 and LS P2 ... (although it maybe only the LS P2 that's available in the US?...)

See here: https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/a/audio_systems/audio_recording/sound_music_recorders/ls_p1/index.html

Like the Sony, there is no separate line input, just a gain controllable mic input, but it seems to work OK - and you can adjust the gain during recording.

Pre amps are better than I thought they would be too ... not quite as good as my M10, but not bad. 

Pretty tiny unit -- but metal cased, so quite tough..

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com