Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA d:VICE just announced  (Read 15604 times)

Offline BlindGuyEars

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: DPA d:VICE just announced
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
HI folks.

Have any of you used the D:vice successfully with an adapter that allows you to connect both the D:vice and a set of non-Apple earbuds to your iPhone?

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 8 Plus, so of course lost the traditional 1/8" jack. :( I picked up a Belkin adapter that plugs into the Lightning port on the phone and provides female 1/8" and Lightning connections, thinking this would let me monitor through earbuds when setting up the D:vice. but when I use it in conjunction with the D:vice, the D:vice app cannot find the D:vice. It defaults to thinking I want to use the phone's internal mic.

Plugging the D:vice into the phone directly causes it to be recognized again.

I'm more than a little pissed, given the price of this tiny Belkin accessory.

Do I need to try bluetooth earbuds next?

Will the D:vice still use the D:vice, even if said earbuds contain a microphone?

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
I think the Belkin cable is for analog out to a headset via a 1/8 and power input to the phone via lightning. the lightning connector cant be used for data input. This sounds consistent with what you found. I have not seen any equivalent which does pass data. Bluetooth may be the only way to what you want, although I havent actually tried something like that
MK22's / MK41's / MK41v's (for sale) / MK4v's / MK4's / AKG C480Bs+ck61, ck63 / Telefunken FET M60 Cards and Hypers (for sale) / AT853s (for sale)
KCY 250/5 and Nbob KCY (x2) > naiant PFA or IPA or Nbox  / SP-SPSB-11 Battery Box
Zoom F8 (for sale) / Sony M-10 / Mixpre-6 / Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Duncan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »
HI folks.

Will the D:vice still use the D:vice, even if said earbuds contain a microphone?

I think as long as you plug the d:vice in last after the headphones are going so the d:vice is the last thing to be connected
Recording for 39 years and counting, down not up
Schoeps CCM5--SD722
DPA 4061--SD722
AKG CK 61-ULS--Naiant Actives--SD722
DPA 4061 - DPA d:VICE - iPhone 6s+
MixPre6 with some mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com