Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

External power recommendation for 661MKII

(1/3) > >>

waltmon:
Curious how folks are powering these...also can I run external power with batteries installed as back up?  Its ok with the MP6...some decks don't like this...

Thanks

Walt

gratefulbrad:
Hey Walt.  I've used Tekkeon MP3300's and MP3450 with the 661.  You can run with batteries as backup without any issues.  Great deck!

waltmon:
I'm excited to run this deck...I thinking I'm going to use my naztech 15000 maybe with some velcro to the back side of the 661...I used it for my v2 with alot of success..

dallman:

--- Quote from: waltmon on December 07, 2017, 03:23:25 PM ---Curious how folks are powering these...also can I run external power with batteries installed as back up?  Its ok with the MP6...some decks don't like this...

Thanks

Walt

--- End quote ---
Hi Walt,

Which decks do not like this? I have quite a few decks and always run external power with internals as my backup. The only issue I have ever heard about is that some older Tascam decks like the HD-P2 and DR680 and 680MKII could have a problem if you run a 9v external battery, but that is really because while it can run on a 9v it should be run on a 12v battery which solves the issue. Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

rocksuitcase:

--- Quote from: gratefulbrad on December 07, 2017, 09:24:56 PM ---Hey Walt.  I've used Tekkeon MP3300's and MP3450 with the 661.  You can run with batteries as backup without any issues.  Great deck!

--- End quote ---
Hey walt. I use the Tekkeon MP3450 with my 661 and always keep the internals in it for backup as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version