Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

SD card problem

(1/2) > >>

melvis1645:
I can't get my laptop to recognize this sd card. It will recognize others. I tried a different laptop same problem. If the card is in my r44 the files show and play but I can't seems to get it to synch through usb to computer. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

relefunt:
It’s odd that it plays ok on the R-44 but the laptops won’t recognize the files.

I’m at work so don’t have the details, but I’m pretty sure the R-44 has a menu option to “repair” the WAV files. I know the R-09 does this if there is some file issue (for example, if power is lost during recording). Repairing the file should not be confused with formatting the card, which will of course erase everything. So don’t choose the format option!

If it were a problem with the card reader in the laptop then a different laptop would work. Seems unlikely the second laptop has the same problem as the first.

pohaku:
That is odd.  I assume you can download from R-44 to your laptop, instead of using a card reader.  Once you have the files safely tucked away and saved, you could then try reformatting the card and see whether that makes a difference in its usability.

Gutbucket:
Is the recording important? Go old-school and do a real-time deck to deck transfer 1st!  With the R44 you can even make that a digital (2ch) transfer if you have access to another recorder with SPDIF input.  If not go analog out>in.

Then you can futz around with the SD card without fear of losing the recording.  If the "repair" file option on the recorder isn't there or doesn't pan out, try running chkdsk /f on it, it usually does it for me.

melvis1645:
I can't get the r44 to connect to my laptop it tries to connect but never does. I do have the r44 and a pmd660. Is there a way to connect the 2 for a transfer? I also have a dr2d.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version