Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade line stage modSBM-1 v. onboard A/D in D100  (Read 1772 times)

Offline ShawnF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Oade line stage modSBM-1 v. onboard A/D in D100
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:12:25 PM »
Just a novice question, here--how much improvement would I hear by adding the above over just relying on my D100?  Is it going to be worth the $500-550 or so that seems to be the going rate?

I need to stealth, so I don't know if any other A/D would be possible or worthwhile, nor do I want to spend more than this.  Same reasons why I'm not going to sink more $ into mics right now (using stock AT853Rx>mp2>D100).

Thanks muchly for the assistance,

Shawn

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Oade line stage modSBM-1 v. onboard A/D in D100
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:17:46 PM »
I've used the p-mod sbm, t-mod sbm and d100 with my stealth rig (dpa>sax) and I preferred the a/d in the d100 over the p-mod in most cases (loud arena hard rock fob shows). Now with the t-mod, I've made some nice tapes but it's hard to determine how the a/d in the d100 would've stacked up to it. Keep in mind, the dpa>sax combo at loud shows fob tended to be very bottom heavy. I liked the p-mod sbm at mellow shows with nicer acoustics.

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Oade line stage modSBM-1 v. onboard A/D in D100
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:38:52 PM »
see if you can borrow one. the a/d in the d100 is topnotch. frankly, the most important question is probably "are your mics worth the investment?" If you're running a pair of soundpros or something like that, then I think the answer is no. If you're running something like schoeps, dpa, mbho, neumann active setup, then probably worth it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com