Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Should I drop money on SE 300B's,or save up for 480's?

yes
1 (9.1%)
no
6 (54.5%)
do whatever you want
1 (9.1%)
why am I wasting my time on this poll?
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: adding about ck91/93 question....  (Read 6822 times)

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • recordings
adding about ck91/93 question....
« on: October 28, 2002, 10:53:55 AM »
I really like the sound of the 480/ck61's.......BUT, I don't have that kind of money to put down right now. I still need to purchase a powerpad 160 battery(400$) and some Audio Magic cables.

Would I be happy with the SE 300B's ? OR, should I just wait 'till the spring, and put down the money of the 480's ?

I like the sound of both. So really, this is pointless, but answer none the less

.........and Bri.......I really do miss the karma points
« Last Edit: October 28, 2002, 10:54:57 AM by mterry »
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • There is nothing you can hold, for very long.
Re:adding about ck91/93 question....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 11:30:28 AM »
maybe we'll bring back Karma ;) +K

Bri

Offline Marc Nutter

• Taperssection Regular
    • Sonic Sense, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 10:09:19 AM »
Mark,

Far be it for me to discourage the purchase of Audio Magic (or other high-end) cables, but when the choice is between microphones that are going to suit your ear better and high-dollar cables, I would always recommend the Mics first.  

By saving $130+ dollars with the purchase of a good cable like Belden, Mogami, or Canare, you will narrow the gap toward the purchase of the 480's.  Perhaps, you could find a pre-owned pair.  

You can always upgrade the cables later, but getting lesser mics than you really want will result in a bigger loss financially and in tapes that you won't be as happy with.

Feel free to email me directly (nutter@sonicsense.com)  if I may be of assistance.

Marc Nutter
Sonic Sense, Inc.

I really like the sound of the 480/ck61's.......BUT, I don't have that kind of money to put down right now. I still need to purchase a powerpad 160 battery(400$) and some Audio Magic cables.

Would I be happy with the SE 300B's ? OR, should I just wait 'till the spring, and put down the money of the 480's ?

I like the sound of both. So really, this is pointless, but answer none the less

.........and Bri.......I really do miss the karma points

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
  • There is nothing you can hold, for very long.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 10:26:00 AM »
Thanks Marc, glad to see you on the board! I use Canare Star Quad which is great cable. I used to work for a rental company for film and video and we sent out cable all the time that got extremely abused, but it was very rare that they had to be re-soldered or replaced. Oh, with neutrik gold/black connectors, you cant go wrong. Marc can make 'em for you, right? ;)

Cheers
Bri

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 02:07:12 PM »
Though to speak for the AudioMagics.  I Got my excallibur II's from Marc and they carry sound soooo well.  I couldn't be happier!

Jonny

Offline phriendlyguy

• Taperssection Member
  • MEXICAN COUSIN!!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 06:43:00 PM »
how about a pair of geffels?   why is everyone so spun on AKG's?  i just dont get it.  TEAM NEUMANN.

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
    • recordings
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 10:44:31 PM »
how about a pair of geffels?   why is everyone so spun on AKG's?  i just dont get it.  TEAM NEUMANN.

HAHAHA

I was considering the MG 300's, or the SMS 200's, but for some reason, the AKG 480's really just hit it for me. If by any chance, I could get a pair of KM-140's with the actives, I'd be all over that. BUT..........money money money

Thanks for the input about the cables Marc. I actually purchased my USB Pre from you about a month ago, and I'm loving it !

I might still look into some MG's, but right now, the AKG's are sounding sweet to my ears
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com