Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: External power for Edirol R-4?  (Read 7543 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
Re: External power for Edirol R-4?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:48:52 AM »
Not yet... Will probably try at Al Howard on Friday.

EDIT: Whoops... Not Friday... Forgot I'm going to Laughlin.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:57:37 PM by china_rider »
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »
OK... Ran the R-4 off a 9.6v 3000mAh RC battery till it ran out.  Recording 4 chan at 24/96 providing phantom to each chan I got right at 5:30 recording time.

OK... Second test... Ran the R-4 off a 9v 5400 Lenmar DVD battery that mmMatt sent with the R-4.  I got about 8:40 before the R-4 shut down.  Have seen these new for around $55.  Did not look hard you may be able to find them cheeper.  One thing I really like about it is the LEDs on the front to indicate how much charge is left. 

Over all, when I got my UA-5, I was able to get 4 of the RC batteries + charger for the same price as the Lenmar.  If mmMatt  did not send the Lenmar I would be perfectly happy with the RCs.  However, for my everyday taping I will probably use the Lenmar (the LEDs are really nice.)  For festivals or other times when I may not be able to charge I will probably just bring everything with me.

Bottom line... for a typical show both a single 3000 mAh RC or a Lenmar type dvd battery should be more than enough power.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline JiB97

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Archive Bookmarks
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »
OK... Ran the R-4 off a 9.6v 3000mAh RC battery till it ran out.  Recording 4 chan at 24/96 providing phantom to each chan I got right at 5:30 recording time.

OK... Second test... Ran the R-4 off a 9v 5400 Lenmar DVD battery that mmMatt sent with the R-4.  I got about 8:40 before the R-4 shut down.  Have seen these new for around $55.  Did not look hard you may be able to find them cheeper.  One thing I really like about it is the LEDs on the front to indicate how much charge is left. 

Over all, when I got my UA-5, I was able to get 4 of the RC batteries + charger for the same price as the Lenmar.  If mmMatt  did not send the Lenmar I would be perfectly happy with the RCs.  However, for my everyday taping I will probably use the Lenmar (the LEDs are really nice.)  For festivals or other times when I may not be able to charge I will probably just bring everything with me.

Bottom line... for a typical show both a single 3000 mAh RC or a Lenmar type dvd battery should be more than enough power.
Dana, this is the battery I use to power up my UA-5 and JB3.  They can be had for like 30 bucks shipped.  I'll try and dig up the link for that.
AKG ck3/ck8 | c460b  + Naiant Actives | PFAs
Audio Technica u853r (omnis/mini-guns)
Tascam DR-70D

My Archive Links

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com