Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: newbie taper needs help!  (Read 2296 times)

Offline jamnblugrass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
newbie taper needs help!
« on: July 25, 2005, 01:37:14 PM »
 I just purchased a Sony MZ-NE410 minidisc player to hook up to my band's behringer PMH500 Europower 20 channel powered mixer for recording purposes. I'm not really to knowledgeable on this kind of stuff but, the mixer looks like I need to hook rca's up to it for recording and my goal was to go from the mixer to the minidisc to the computer. However, all I see on the minidisc player as far as any kind of outward source input is a usb connection and an out for headphones....when I purchased this minidisc player I was under the impression that it would have some kind of mic hook-up in the minidisc player. Am I just wrong about the whole recording process or did I just get the wrong minidisc player? Thank you in advance.
PS: you'll probably be hearing from me again as I get further along in the recording process.

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: newbie taper needs help!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 01:45:32 PM »
The MZ-NE410 isn't actually a recorder...it only has USB input for transfers from a PC. You need one with a mic/line input.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 01:57:16 PM »
get a JB3 and save yourself the hassle.  It's not much more $$ than a decent MD and far superior.  Prob cheaper in the long run anyway concidering the media costs...  ditching my MD was the best thing that I've done for my taping habit!!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline jamnblugrass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 02:23:33 PM »
so i am taking the minidisc player back today then...what exactly is jb3

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 02:47:51 PM »
creative's nomad jukebox 3. do a search and you'll end up with more info than you want.  check out some signatures too prob half the people on this board use one. 20 gig refurbs pop up all the time for about $150.  true lossless wav recording (no atrac compression), fire wire pc transfers (digi and fast), good size hard drive (20 or 40 gig), small (steathable), cheap (comparatively).  I'd say it's a no brainer. but don't feel bad, I knew all this and still had to buy a MD for maybe $20 less than what I ended up paying for my jb3.  some of us just learn the hard way.

+T kris
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »
Dumping my MD for the JB3 was definately the smartest thing Ive ever done. I have a HUGE box of MD, and I just look at it and think, Damm $2 a piece! JB3 rules! Plus I ruined 3 MD's in 3 years.
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com