Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schopes 5 pin binder wiring information and help??  (Read 3237 times)

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Schopes 5 pin binder wiring information and help??
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »
I am going to wire my extra mk46 cables to the schopes 5 pin binder,  hoping to use a lemosax preamp, with the 5 pin binder connection, to run my AKG ck1x caps.

Does anyone know where I could find some Schoepsschematics or even better had some experience wiring similiar connections

thanks!
?>FR2LE

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: Schopes 5 pin binder wiring information and help??
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »
although i don't know the pinout,  the connectors are very easy to work with.  the K5i extension cable is a straight thru cable.  mine came with a wire crossed and was a 5 minute fix to re-do one end of the cable. 

I'm sure the pinout is available but if not i could put the multi meter to my KCY cable
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 06:35:51 AM »
the pinout is:

1 = G
2 = r+
3 = r-
4 = L+
5 = L-

Offline timP

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
thanks for the info

+TTTTTT
?>FR2LE

Offline esteyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:28:25 AM »
timP, neil from the akg actives project here. beware using the MK46 cable. it has an impedance converter built into the base of it. i am assuming that you plan to cut off the pre-amp end so this may be a moot point. PM me please, i would like to see if i can help. i do have appropriate shoeps schemo... i think...

neil
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

Offline timP

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
timP, neil from the akg actives project here. beware using the MK46 cable. it has an impedance converter built into the base of it. i am assuming that you plan to cut off the pre-amp end so this may be a moot point. PM me please, i would like to see if i can help. i do have appropriate shoeps schemo... i think...

neil

Hi Neil,

I'd love to give this a try. I already have a cut set of mk46 cables that terminate into 1 mini-xlr. this connects to a battery box I bought that has a mini tip out, and it sounds OK, kinds thin.

I have a schoeps extension cables for the KCY with the 5 pin binder. I could ahck that off and use it if I can't find another one elsewhere.
going to email schoeps and posthorn audio and see if they sell the 5 pin separately

either way, I'd love yr hell. I just had the idea that the ck1x caps might work with the lemosax, and if so I'd have both cards and hypers for less then the price of 1 set of schoeps caps ;)

thanks!
Tim
?>FR2LE

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

neil

Hi Neil,

I'd love to give this a try. I already have a cut set of mk46 cables that terminate into 1 mini-xlr. this connects to a battery box I bought that has a mini tip out, and it sounds OK, kinds thin.

I have a schoeps extension cables for the KCY with the 5 pin binder. I could ahck that off and use it if I can't find another one elsewhere.
going to email schoeps and posthorn audio and see if they sell the 5 pin separately

either way, I'd love yr hell. I just had the idea that the ck1x caps might work with the lemosax, and if so I'd have both cards and hypers for less then the price of 1 set of schoeps caps ;)

thanks!
Tim

i think a 5pin connector is $35 if i remember correctly.  Redding had them in stock last time i checked, Jerry can have em drop shipped
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com