Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PluralEyes: Auto-sync multicam plugin for FCP  (Read 6390 times)

Offline John Kary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
PluralEyes: Auto-sync multicam plugin for FCP
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »
http://www.singularsoftware.com/autosync/

I don't have any multicam projects at the moment to try this out, but have heard from one highly respected blogger/editor that this plugin is awesome. Some of you should give it a try and report back.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: PluralEyes: Auto-sync multicam plugin for FCP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:51 AM »
that would be sweet
i wonder how it scans them though - i don't see how it could work 100%
in a concert for example if one camera is close and ones in the lawn the audio is not going to match many times
in fact i have seen many lawn shot videos that the camera audio doesn't line up with the mouth
so if the video is exact the audio could be off (which isn't a big deal you just kill the audio file that not lined up) but if it goes on waveform the video would be off

still sounds cool -- EDIT doesn't work
you run the program and it gives you an error saving you need to make sure FCP is open and the project is saved
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:21:41 AM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline John Kary

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
doesn't work
you run the program and it gives you an error saving you need to make sure FCP is open and the project is saved
Given that it's a beta app still, it probably only works with certain versions of FCP. I would guess FCP 6.x but I'm in no way affiliated with the app so I can't say for sure. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Offline willndmb

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:49:27 PM »
doesn't work
Given that it's a beta app still, it probably only works with certain versions of FCP. I would guess FCP 6.x but I'm in no way affiliated with the app so I can't say for sure. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
i am on 5 :(
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

Offline willndmb

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
confirmed it doesn't play well with fcp5
however they made a "fix" for me to test out

Offline willndmb

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
update
after many emails back and forth with the developers
i am unable to get any video other then short samples to line up correctly
and i can not get more then 2 sources to line up at all
basically if you are on fcp5 don't waste $150

Offline HASHTHRASH

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
I shoot a lot of multicam videos of shows, but I'd still rather sync it up with my own methods (matching wavs, flashes, snare hits, etc).  I trust my eyes and ears better than any program trying to do it for me.  Thank god for FCP's multicam editing capability though, that seriously cut the time spent editing a multicam show down to a matter of hours instead of days. 

Offline Cools

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
It uses the audio tracks to do the sync. So if you have good quality audio, the sync will be very good, as long as the cameras are fairly close together to not have any audio delay.

I tested it on one of the multi-cam projects I did last year. Over 30 hours of footage, 3 main cameras, etc. Took me a couple of days to digest and sync up all the footage.

I tested PluralEyes on the first 1 hour of each camera and it worked. 2 of the cameras had a mixer feed and another camera was located on stage so still had a clear audio signal. However, one of the cameras has a noticeable delay because it was located much further so the sync wasn't perfect. This however is fairly easy to correct in the multiclip.

I'm going to test it out with other footage later on. At first glance, if  you work on large projects, this app might be worth it. I'm actually surprised this isn't part of FCP already...

Offline willndmb

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »
It uses the audio tracks to do the sync. So if you have good quality audio, the sync will be very good, as long as the cameras are fairly close together to not have any audio delay.

I tested it on one of the multi-cam projects I did last year. Over 30 hours of footage, 3 main cameras, etc. Took me a couple of days to digest and sync up all the footage.

I tested PluralEyes on the first 1 hour of each camera and it worked. 2 of the cameras had a mixer feed and another camera was located on stage so still had a clear audio signal. However, one of the cameras has a noticeable delay because it was located much further so the sync wasn't perfect. This however is fairly easy to correct in the multiclip.

I'm going to test it out with other footage later on. At first glance, if  you work on large projects, this app might be worth it. I'm actually surprised this isn't part of FCP already...
well that explains part of my problem since i had a delay in audio because the cams were next to each other but one had sbd feed and one was recording the pa from 200ft
but part of my issues have nothing to do with audio because it was over 50 mins off where it shoudl have been

that said they asked me to send them the files and they are going to look into it
the support is toppppppp notch for sure

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com