Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Video Taping Concert - Advice Needed  (Read 2467 times)

Offline moonchilddave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Video Taping Concert - Advice Needed
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
I'm looking for advice and tips on video taping a concert.  I've done audio in the past but this is my first time EVER attempting to roll video.  My question is should I attempt to use a tripod (if so, any recommendations)?  I'm going to be using my girlfriend's Panasonic VDR-D220 recorder to attempt to shoot Britney Spears & PCD.  Any general tips, techniques, etc would be greatly appreciated.  The video is a whole new world to me and I have a limited time to get familiar with this camcorder.

I was at the DC concert so I kinda know how the show goes, and security was pretty lax there - but any stealthing tips (as I said, I know audio stealthing) would also be appreciated (but probably better sent via PM or e-mail).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:00:15 PM by moonchilddave »

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Video Taping Concert - Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »
whatever small camera you're using, consider a monopod for support.  They are easily carried in as a walking stick and give you a good platform.  Tripods in crowds are tough because they are bulky and hard to move.  I think each act has its own policy on taping... video is harder to stealth because you always have to be framing, and that alone is conspicuous.

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Video Taping Concert - Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
Take a look at this thread. Lots of filming tips in there :)
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,81909.msg1101700.html

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com