Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rugged digital cameras?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Rugged digital cameras?
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
My old Canon Powershot G8 just died on a hiking trip after being submersed in water so I am in the market for a new point and shoot camera, preferably one of the "rugged" models.  I have been reading some reviews of the Panasonic Lumix TS2 and it seems OK.  Any other recommendations or can anybody chime in with their experiences?

I'm basically looking for a camera that can withstand drops, dust, and being submerged in water.  I don't care so much if it is "freezeproof" or anything like that.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Rugged digital cameras?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »
I got a Polaroid t833 specifically for in and around the water, pretty happy so far. I paid $99, totally worth it for a cheapo point and shoot.
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline duch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • dammit !
Re: Rugged digital cameras?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
The Olympus µTough line might be what you're looking for :

All iron casing, guaranteed against fall up to 2 meters and 100 kg crushing, waterproof down to 10 meters for the toughest. It's a real guarantee (ie they'll send you another one if you break it) not some marketing babble.

Street price range is rather $130 to $270.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com