Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best Recordings Ever? (or ones that you've heard recently)  (Read 16090 times)

Offline chinariderstl

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • https://chris-finn.com/
Best Recordings Ever? (or ones that you've heard recently)
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
Note: If this is in the wrong forum, please move it accordingly.

I know this might create a torrent of activity, and it's likely been posted and discussed before, but what are your favorite recordings?

I know this is an almost impossible task, as there are dozens of recordings I've forgotten and haven't listened to in ages, but can you name a few?  A few that stick out in my mind, mainly cause I've recently listened to them, are the following:

Jeff Tweedy Letters to Santa Benefit Living Room Concert April 8, 2006 (jtweedy2006-04-08.matrix.flacf)
My Morning Jacket Live at The Great Plaza at Penn's Landing on 2010-08-29 (mmj2010-08-29.m260.flac16)
Stealin Strings Live at Mitchell Park Domes on 2009-02-26 (SS2009-02-26.BSC1_K3)

I give kudos to the recorders, reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing. (or trying to do)

Notes: (1) The Tweedy show is so intimate it is almost uncomfortable. (2) The MMJ show is the single greatest audience recording I've heard.  I heard that and decided I needed some Telefunken's yesterday! (3) The Stealin' Strings show makes me want a pair of Busman BSC1's something fierce! (4) The Tweedy show is on my site at edookie.com/downloads/tunes), the others are on the LMA.
Mics: Audio-Technica AT853's, Avantone CK-40 (Busman mod), Busman BSC1's, DPA 4022's, DPA 4060's
Pres: Apogee Mini-MP, Core Sound Battery Box
Decks: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2D, Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
Power: Initial RB-270, Naztech PB15000
LMA: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Chris+Finn%22

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Best Recordings Ever? (or ones that you've heard recently)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
Some that come to mind:

Phish - 8-14,15-1998 - Lemonwheel - B&K 4006
Phish - 12-30,31-1999 - Big Cypress - FOB Neumann U89
Phish - 8-2,3-2003 - IT - AT4051a (especially the Tower Jam set)
My Morning Jacket - 6-18-2008 - Bonnaroo - Neumann AK40

There are a few others that I don't know of the exact date/source off the top of my head. Lots of Bonnaroo sets (Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam, David Byrne, Sigur Ros, Superjam with Ben Harper, JPJ and ?uestlove). Almost all of my favorite recordings are outdoor festival sets.

I rarely download and listen to recordings by other tapers. Even rarer than that will someone else's recording make it into my permanent collection. Most of my favorites are my own recordings which I'm not going to fluff here.

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Some that come to mind:

Phish - 8-14,15-1998 - Lemonwheel - B&K 4006
Phish - 12-30,31-1999 - Big Cypress - FOB Neumann U89
Phish - 8-2,3-2003 - IT - AT4051a (especially the Tower Jam set)
My Morning Jacket - 6-18-2008 - Bonnaroo - Neumann AK40

There are a few others that I don't know of the exact date/source off the top of my head. Lots of Bonnaroo sets (Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam, David Byrne, Sigur Ros, Superjam with Ben Harper, JPJ and ?uestlove). Almost all of my favorite recordings are outdoor festival sets.

I rarely download and listen to recordings by other tapers. Even rarer than that will someone else's recording make it into my permanent collection. Most of my favorites are my own recordings which I'm not going to fluff here.

It's OK to tell us when you felt very satisfied with your efforts. It isn't bragging.
Especially when you help us to understand what you did right to get the results.
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline ashevillain

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
;) Good point, but it's not that I'm not wanting to brag it's just that I'm not sure if I would nominate any of my recordings as "best ever." I've recorded hundreds of shows and probably less than 1% of them are really even worth a listen at all IMO.

Here's one that I do like: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=524171

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »
I forget the date, but yltfan did a Sigur Ros recording in PDX that was fucking incredible.
I felt compelled to send him a PM compliment it was so good.

Feel free to remind us of the date if you read this, Chris :). Don't have the show info where I am.

I like a lot of my own, too, of course.  Like this http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=7910 A matrix is always sort of "cheating" I guess but I loved the nice dry sound I got from the 41s in this somewhat bad sounding room.
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
onstage kimock

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »
Todd R's recording of Phil Lesh and Friends from 02-18-2012 with the Milab VM-44 links sounds fantastic! IMHO. That one is just fresh in my mind.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=552925
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:01:35 AM by slightlys »
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
onstage kimock

Agreed! 

My favorite tapes fall into three categories:

1) onstage with instumental bands
2) smaller outdoor venues with attentive FOH engineers
3) way FOB at huge open air festivals

I'd add Charlie Hunter, JIM WEIDER'S ProJECT PERCoLAToR, New Mastersounds, Garaj Mahal/Fareed Haque,  and Jeff Coffin Mu'tet as other bands that lend themselves to great onstage tapes. 

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline tedyun

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
Because I still consider myself a novice (clocking in about 5-6 years at this now) I would say that most of the recordings I've made so far, after repeated listening, I will find some flaw with the recording/mastering process, so I would never nominate them for a "best ever" list.

However, I did a matrix recently, under the guidance of easyjim, that I have to say still blows me away. This is probably the best I've done, and I am pretty proud of this one.

I think it was the combination of the high end being supplied by the SBD, and the bottom end and instrument separation supplied by the omnis that made for a magic combo, like a lock and key. It was just something about the way Particle was mixed combined with the omnis. Even the matrix of the opening band using the same mastering settings doesn't sound as good.

I am going to go for a matrix again at this venue with Greensky Bluegrass at the end of Apr. I hope Jim can come out and recreate the special sauce!

http://www.archive.org/details/particle2011-12-17.matrix.flac16
Mics: B&K 4011, Schoeps MK5 (Nbobs, Naiant PFA), Busman BSC-1 (K11/K21/K31/K41 caps), Church CA-14 (o, c), Church CAFS, Core Sound Binaurals
Pre: EAA PSP-2,  Lunatec V3, Nbox-Platinum, Church CA-9200
ADC: Mytek 192 ADC, Oade Mod SBM-1
Rec: Oade Supermod PMD-661, Tascam DR60D, M-Audio MicroTrack II, Korg MR-1 (32GB SSD mod); Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R09HR; iRiver HP-120
Photo: Canon 5D3, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8, Canon EF 35mm f1.4L Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L MkI, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS MkI, Canon EF 50 mm f1.4, Canon EF 50 f1.2L, Canon EF 300 f/4L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f4-5.6L IS MkI
Video: Canon HF100

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
I forget the date, but yltfan did a Sigur Ros recording in PDX that was fucking incredible.
I felt compelled to send him a PM compliment it was so good.

Feel free to remind us of the date if you read this, Chris :). Don't have the show info where I am.

2008-10-06
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=219752
Thanks for the fluffage, but as you say, matrix is kind of cheating.
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Because I still consider myself a novice (clocking in about 5-6 years at this now) I would say that most of the recordings I've made so far, after repeated listening, I will find some flaw with the recording/mastering process, so I would never nominate them for a "best ever" list.

However, I did a matrix recently, under the guidance of easyjim, that I have to say still blows me away. This is probably the best I've done, and I am pretty proud of this one.

I think it was the combination of the high end being supplied by the SBD, and the bottom end and instrument separation supplied by the omnis that made for a magic combo, like a lock and key. It was just something about the way Particle was mixed combined with the omnis. Even the matrix of the opening band using the same mastering settings doesn't sound as good.

I am going to go for a matrix again at this venue with Greensky Bluegrass at the end of Apr. I hope Jim can come out and recreate the special sauce!

Easyjim is the go to guy for all your four channel recordings and was a huge help when I got my R4  :coolguy: He was super patient w/ all my ?'s and knows a sh*t load of stuff for mastering a matrix :cheers:
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline Corporate hack

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
onstage kimock
all those would be better if it wasn't kimock :). *yawn*

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
I like a lot of my own, too, of course.  Like this http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=7910 A matrix is always sort of "cheating" I guess but I loved the nice dry sound I got from the 41s in this somewhat bad sounding room.

Man, that was an awesome Sebadoh show!

Offline tedyun

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
easyjim is one of the nicest guys I've met, and he's like an encyclopedia of taping, especially around the venues here in San Diego. If I've never been to a particular venue, I just shoot him an email, and he'll tell me the best spot to set up. He's semi-retired now, but hopefully he'll emerge soon.

I didn't mean to fluff my recording either. That show is not without its flaws, especially that extremely wasted dude who was screaming things at the band. Unfortunately, he was right under the left mic, so I picked up all his drunken bellowing.

Easyjim is the go to guy for all your four channel recordings and was a huge help when I got my R4  :coolguy: He was super patient w/ all my ?'s and knows a sh*t load of stuff for mastering a matrix :cheers:
Mics: B&K 4011, Schoeps MK5 (Nbobs, Naiant PFA), Busman BSC-1 (K11/K21/K31/K41 caps), Church CA-14 (o, c), Church CAFS, Core Sound Binaurals
Pre: EAA PSP-2,  Lunatec V3, Nbox-Platinum, Church CA-9200
ADC: Mytek 192 ADC, Oade Mod SBM-1
Rec: Oade Supermod PMD-661, Tascam DR60D, M-Audio MicroTrack II, Korg MR-1 (32GB SSD mod); Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R09HR; iRiver HP-120
Photo: Canon 5D3, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8, Canon EF 35mm f1.4L Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L MkI, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS MkI, Canon EF 50 mm f1.4, Canon EF 50 f1.2L, Canon EF 300 f/4L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f4-5.6L IS MkI
Video: Canon HF100

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
(2) The MMJ show is the single greatest audience recording I've heard.

thanks man! It's all about the location.
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »
best Aud?
or best Matrix?
or best SBD?

not necessarily the best Aud, but a stellar recording from way FOB
as Bob Menke and Louis Falanga
usually did!

one of the nicest sounding vintage aud's out there....

MOTB Release: 0069 16/44.1
Release Date: 2008-05-05
Band: Grateful Dead
Date: 1975-09-28 (Sunday)
Venue: Lindley Meadows - Golden Gate Park
Analog Audience Source: FOB Master Cassettes (MAC)
Medium Stock Brands: MAC = 2 x Maxell UD 120
Analog Lineage: 2 x Sony ECM-270 => Sony TC-152 >> MAC
Analog Sound Preservation: MAC >> Nakamichi DR-8 => Korg MR-1000 >> DSF [1-bit 5.6448 MHz Stereo] >> Korg MR-1000 => Korg AudioGate >> WAV [24/96]
Taped By: Bob Menke and Louis Falanga
Transfer By: Bob Menke
Mastering By: Derek McCabe

also the matrix is wonderful to listen to!

Grateful Dead
Lindley Meadows, Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA
September 28, 1975

Jerry Garcia - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Donna Jean Godchaux - Vocals
Keith Godchaux - Keyboards
Mickey Hart - Drums
Bill Kreutzmann - Drums
Phil Lesh - Electric Bass, Vocals
Bob Weir - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals

*Matrix*

----------------------------------------------------
SBD (shnid=22257):

Bertha Remaster of the master reel source.

SBD>>MR>>DAT>>CDA>>WAV(EAC)>>SHN>>DAW(Bertha)>>CDA/SHN - Sound A

Digitally remastered using a custom built, Dual-DAW, nicknamed Bertha, by jashley@deadacated.com on February 6, 2004.

----------------------------------------------------
AUD (shnid=91769):

MOTB Release: 0069 16/44.1
Release Date: 2008-05-05
Band: Grateful Dead
Date: 1975-09-28 (Sunday)
Venue: Lindley Meadows - Golden Gate Park
Analog Audience Source: FOB Master Cassettes (MAC)
Medium Stock Brands: MAC = 2 x Maxell UD 120
Analog Lineage: 2 x Sony ECM-270 => Sony TC-152 >> MAC
Analog Sound Preservation: MAC >> Nakamichi DR-8 => Korg MR-1000 >> DSF [1-bit 5.6448 MHz Stereo] >> Korg MR-1000 => Korg AudioGate >> WAV [24/96]
Taped By: Bob Menke and Louis Falanga
Transfer By: Bob Menke
Mastering By: Derek McCabe

---------------------------------------------------
Thank you to Jay Ashley for the SBD transfer,
to Bob Menke and Louis Falanga for recording the show,
and to Bob Menke and Derek McCabe for the AUD transfer.

Matrix by Hunter Seamons using Final Cut Pro (SHN & FLAC>AIFF>Final Cut>WAV>FLAC16) 
October 24, 2009
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »
^^ That recording is pretty amazing, especially considering the vintage and equipment.

I've been partial to these two audience recordings lately.  The fact that they both use the same mics didn't go unnoticed.

http://www.archive.org/details/ryanadams2007-10-19.flac16

http://www.archive.org/details/dbt2010-07-23

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »
(2) The MMJ show is the single greatest audience recording I've heard.

There is some MMJ AUD done with Schoeps tubes that I think I could quality. I think it's one of taylorc's but I could be wrong....
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »

I agree with all of this.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »

I agree with all of this.

x2

& quite pleased to have had the recording opportunity of #2 last night and #1 last weekend.

I'll add another-
4) rooms designed specificaly for great sounding acoustics, which also often tend to have attentive audiences.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Brian E.

• is chicago.... is not chicago....
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

I'm just here to see if any of mine make the cut  >:D
my tapes:  The Archive | Dime | Etree

Recorder - Sony PCM A-10 | Cans - Shure SE535 | Mics - CA-14 Cards | Canon EOS 5D Mark II 17-40L f4 50 f1.4 70-200L f2.8 IS II 430EX II

Offline frostdotcom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
One of the finest recordings of all time is 2/22/72 Bonnie Raitt from sigma sound in philly.  Its a live recording in studio with studio audience.  Im not even a bonnie raitt fan in the least until I heard this.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »
onstage kimock

KVHW 9-9-99 Crystal Ballroom, Portland Or.............................Bar None!! the best....its everything a concert should be..... >:D
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline lastubbe

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Copper-dome Bodhi drip a silver kimono
    • Dead-Phish
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »

Particularly agree with this.  The big open sound is something I absolutely love.

SBIX was a good example of this.
DPA 4023>Sonosax SX-M2/EAA PSP-2>Sound Devices 722 (24/96)
http://dead-phish.com
http://twitter.com/lastubbe
@lastubbe

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »

Particularly agree with this.  The big open sound is something I absolutely love.

SBIX was a good example of this.

There was a MMW Bonnaroo ADK TL M/S Source I fell in love with quite a few years ago...  Fantastic...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 04:31:13 AM »
onstage kimock

........ I concur.
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2)
Schoeps CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
onstage kimock

KVHW 9-9-99 Crystal Ballroom, Portland Or.............................Bar None!! the best....its everything a concert should be..... >:D

Onstage, I can understand, but it's still surprising to see anything from the Crystal Ballroom on this thread, as it's such a bad sounding room.
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 05:50:07 AM »
My first ever Wilco recording came out excellent:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=507039

There's also a Dreden Dolls recording I made that they even had up on their official web site for a while:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500016&hit=1

Another excellent recording (and concert) is this:
http://archive.org/details/ryanadams2006-10-17.sbd.flac24
However, I guess a SBD is cheating ;)

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
onstage kimock
Onstage, I can understand, but it's still surprising to see anything from the Crystal Ballroom on this thread, as it's such a bad sounding room.

One listen to this show and you will understand why.....

http://archive.org/details/kvhw1999-09-09.km143.flacf
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline Gil

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
onstage kimock

Was Terry Haggerty still playing with them at this point?
"Let's go do some crimes."

"To his mind, an opportunity to insult a successful ape came from the hand of Providence."

Teac ME-80(cards & omnis), AT943(hypers)>Tascam DR-2d

Offline mr qpl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »
Fantomas 11/ 28/00 Shibuya, Tokyo Club Cyclone, still one of the best recordings I've ever heard......

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »

Nope Alan Hertz....  still a fine dam good drummer....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline The Other Chris

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My list:
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:07:53 PM »
onstage kimock

Amen.  My jaw hit the floor a few times that night.

Offline justink

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 03:25:34 AM »
Alex Coluzzi's recording of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds 1999-03-13 AND 1999-03-14

that and Scott Brown's Dave and Tim Boone recording.
Mics:
DPA 4023 (Cardioid)
DPA 4028 (Subcardioid)
DPA 4018V (Supercardioid)
Earthworks TC25 (Omni) 

Pres and A/D's:
Grace Design Lunatec V3 (Oade ACM)
Edirol UA-5 (bm2p+ Mod)

Recorders:
Sound Devices MixPre10 II
Edirol R-44 (Oade CM)
Sony PCM‑M10

Offline Gil

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »

Nope Alan Hertz....  still a fine dam good drummer....

Well, Terry plays guitar . . .  ;D

Hertz is one of those rare drummers who makes me go hmmm.
"Let's go do some crimes."

"To his mind, an opportunity to insult a successful ape came from the hand of Providence."

Teac ME-80(cards & omnis), AT943(hypers)>Tascam DR-2d

Offline Brian E.

• is chicago.... is not chicago....
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
Alex Coluzzi's recording of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds 1999-03-13 AND 1999-03-14

that and Scott Brown's Dave and Tim Boone recording.

great recordings

my tapes:  The Archive | Dime | Etree

Recorder - Sony PCM A-10 | Cans - Shure SE535 | Mics - CA-14 Cards | Canon EOS 5D Mark II 17-40L f4 50 f1.4 70-200L f2.8 IS II 430EX II

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
onstage kimock

Holy shit.  No kidding... that recording is amazing.

Amen.  My jaw hit the floor a few times that night.

Offline lastubbe

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Copper-dome Bodhi drip a silver kimono
    • Dead-Phish
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »

Thanks for this link.  Bookmarked to download later and add to the collection.  Sounds great.

Why I love aud's.
DPA 4023>Sonosax SX-M2/EAA PSP-2>Sound Devices 722 (24/96)
http://dead-phish.com
http://twitter.com/lastubbe
@lastubbe

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.156 seconds with 64 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com