Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity 24/48 to 16/44 ?  (Read 1755 times)

markrsmith

• Trade Count: (0)
Audacity 24/48 to 16/44 ?
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
Can someone help me out with converting 24/48 to 16/44 in Audacity 2.0.5?  I just can't figure it out.  I just downloaded this, after having sony sound forge 9.  My track got lengthened when I tried it the first time.  Any help would be awesome, and as much detail to help my brain process it would be cool. 
mark

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audacity 24/48 to 16/44 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »
Can someone help me out with converting 24/48 to 16/44 in Audacity 2.0.5?  I just can't figure it out.  I just downloaded this, after having sony sound forge 9.  My track got lengthened when I tried it the first time.  Any help would be awesome, and as much detail to help my brain process it would be cool. 
mark
i don't know why bit it always lengthens mine too so here is what I do, on a Mac, going from memory so might not be the best descriptions
Right click the file, open with
Do any edits likes amplify first, but not track/label
Dither and resample by using the drop downs on the left of the screen, under the left/right and mute
Go up to file and export file as wav 16, rename it from the original
Right click and open the saved file
Track/label by using control b
Export multiple, it saves each track that way

The only thing I have never figured out and no one has ever answered so maybe it can't be done, is how to export multi and have the track numbers not start at 0. Beside them starting at 0 they are named -0 so in turn you have to edit the file names to remove the - and increase the number by one
You can trick the numbers by putting a track at the very beginning of the file because on export multi it will ask if you want the info before the first track/label or not.
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com