Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R09HR Low End Filter details?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
R09HR Low End Filter details?
« on: August 06, 2014, 01:54:36 AM »
Hey I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly what the "LOW CUT" switch on the back of the unit does.  I'm looking for specific frequency reduction information.  I can hear a huge difference in the recording, I'm just wondering what specifically that difference is.

TIA
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: R09HR Low End Filter details?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:34:53 AM »
It routes the signal through a Low Cut or High Pass Filter (same thing) which reduces the amplitude of the low frequency portion of the signal.  That filter has a specific slope (common is -6, -12, -18, -24, -48dB/octave, I'd guess it's -12 or -24dB/octave in this case) which describes the degree of attenuation below a specific corner frequency, which is the frequency where the signal measures -3dB down along the slope.  I don't know what that specific slope and corner frequency is, but it should be specified in the manual.

..just checked the manual online and the corner frequency is selectable in the Input Setup menu, under Low Cut Freq. Options are 100Hz, 200Hz, or 400Hz.  It does not specify what the slope is.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com