Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 32GB cards for Sony PCM-M10  (Read 2529 times)

backwhereubelong

• Trade Count: (0)
32GB cards for Sony PCM-M10
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
I have two Sony PCM-M10's that I would like/need to put a 32GB card in and I have tried 5 different brands and NONE have worked.  It's getting a little expensive purchasing all these (10 cards total) trying to find one's that work.  I've tried these brands: Sony (you would think...), Samsung (two different series), Kingston and SanDisk.  I've read here on this site that the PCM would take a 32GB card, but I'm not able to figure out which brand.  Any help?  Please be specific as possible and not just "I use a 32 in mine"... a make/model would be very helpful.  Thanks.

Online beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 32GB cards for Sony PCM-M10
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:50:57 PM »
I only have 16gb cards in mine so sorry cant be more helpful,buf what happens with the cards you have tried?Are they not seen by the m10 or what.

backwhereubelong

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
It starts to recognize them, and then about 1/3 of the way (you see the bar going across) and then nothing.  I go to the menu screen to format the card and all it shows is the internal hard drive.

Online beatkilla

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
Hmm,have you also tried a smaller cards and had luck with those?

backwhereubelong

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »
Fixed it !  I am a complete dumbass (I know ...) but I was failing to go into the menu setting and change it from Internal HD to External Card.  I tried ALL 10 cards and they all worked.  Le$$on learned.  Thanks for playing along.  Now I am ready for the festival this weekend!  :facepalm:

Online beatkilla

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:08 PM »
Great news,now also remember to turn  on cross memory recording or your recording will not cover both internal and external media and also when you format or delete you have to choose internal and format and then switch to external and format,just delete or format will only format whatever media is set at the moment,and also your elapsed time wont show all media even if cross memory is on,only shows which ever is currently set.

backwhereubelong

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  Off to record Neal Morse!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com