Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for tips with theater seats.  (Read 2219 times)

Offline lostsailor89

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
Looking for tips with theater seats.
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:42:21 AM »
Hi there, if this is the wrong section i want to apologize.  I was wondering if anyone had pictures or tips of how they run their stands in compact theater seats? I have taped a few shows now and tried different things but i feel like there are better ways. I really dont like running a tri pod especially when people need to walk by. I bought a superclamp and an extension bar but i am terrible at getting it to clamp on curves and all that. Is there a different way to do this that i am not seeing? THANKS SO MUCH.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Looking for tips with theater seats.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:44:10 AM »
I will occasionally tape my stand to my arm rest

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:25:17 PM »
Superclamps can work if you have the wedge insert, otherwise it will not clamp down flat.  Others here use this clamp with a lot of success.  I will be grabbing one of these next time I run into your situation.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/161307-REG/Matthews_420110_Matthellini_Clamp_2.html

This extension should be enough if you need to run low, otherwise there are longer ones out there.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/33185-REG/Matthews_429499_Telescopic_Baby_Stand_Extension.html

Good luck!

If you need a cheap way to do this, you can bungee your stand to the chair.  I'd be careful with tape, you wouldn't want damage the seat and hurt others chances of taping after you.  Gaft tape if you must..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:27:00 PM by Jhurlbs81 »
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
I always tried to clamp to the chair arm (or seat back).  But if flying solo, it's not as easy since the seat adjacent to you may not find it acceptable (and using the seat back may piss off the people behind you).

Sometimes, it's not possible to get a good vertical rise from the clamp.  To orient the mics / extension bar appropriately, I find the following two items extremely helpful:
There might be better options, now, but these two additional items provide a lot of flexibility.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com