Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dynamic Audio PZP-2 "ZBox" for Milab VM-44 capsules  (Read 3052 times)

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Saint Paul, MN
Re: Dynamic Audio PZP-2 "ZBox" for Milab VM-44 capsules
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
Personal experience with the Milab Links...the plastic binder connection between the body - cable - capsule is not as robust compared to other active type microphones.
Knowing that I was going to be first running the PZP-2 into my R-44 so I could do comps, hi and lo specifically used XLRs on the out cables from the preamp.  As I stated in the first post, other types of output cables can probably be made depending on the user's needs.  Keep in mind that this ZBox is the "first one off the line", so to speak, and is as much proof of concept as working preamp.  From my discussions with him, hi and lo also has in the works (or he's already finished) an internally powered ZBox for more compact or stealth applications.  In that sense it will be in the same ballpark as the Tinybox or nbox.  Having different options is a wonderful thing. :)

Looking forward to the option to run VM-44 Link caps without the Link bodies!  I'd also love to see the option to run the caps with a Z-PFA.

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com