Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)  (Read 11124 times)

Offline Moke

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • m0k3 - √!n¥¬ 633|<
Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2017, 12:51:19 PM »
Question for you all.
I'm considering using the DR-70 Line out instead of my usual DR-60 Line out to stream (audio only) at an upcoming two day festival (a mix of funk, jamgrass, americana etc.). With the DR-60 I was able to control the Line Out output gain, but with the DR-70 I have no such option, other than the -102/+12db Output Level settings with the Output Gain set to Line.

I'm reasonably confident I can make up for any gain with the Adobe FMLE software I use to stream.  Is there any other considerations I should have with regard to the output of the DR-70?

I'll be running 4 channels into the recorder, two soundboard, two mics.

Any thoughts appreciated.

This is sort of a bassackwards approach, but,... you can also use the headphone output jack as a variable gain output source. You won't be able to monitor with cans, but, you do have the option of variable gain output.
Sent From My Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
Question for you all.
I'm considering using the DR-70 Line out instead of my usual DR-60 Line out to stream (audio only) at an upcoming two day festival (a mix of funk, jamgrass, americana etc.). With the DR-60 I was able to control the Line Out output gain, but with the DR-70 I have no such option, other than the -102/+12db Output Level settings with the Output Gain set to Line.

I'm reasonably confident I can make up for any gain with the Adobe FMLE software I use to stream.  Is there any other considerations I should have with regard to the output of the DR-70?

I'll be running 4 channels into the recorder, two soundboard, two mics.

Any thoughts appreciated.

This is sort of a bassackwards approach, but,... you can also use the headphone output jack as a variable gain output source. You won't be able to monitor with cans, but, you do have the option of variable gain output.
The DR-70 headphone output is kind of lame in my opinion, and I will want to have it available to listen.
I'm not sure what you mean about my approach, how would you suggest I feed the stream?

Offline Moke

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • m0k3 - √!n¥¬ 633|<
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »
I was referring to my own suggestion of the h.phone amp as bassackwards, preemptively; nothing to do with yours.
Sent From My Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2017, 06:55:15 PM »
I was referring to my own suggestion of the h.phone amp as bassackwards, preemptively; nothing to do with yours.
Got it thanks!
I was re-reading my post thinking I had something backwards, which is always possible.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.116 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com