Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Benz Ruby 3

(1/2) > >>

raymonda:
I recently purchased a Benz Ruby 3 that has just been re-tipped. I just mounted it 2 days ago and haven't had much time for critical listening. Of course, over the next month I will dive deep into its attributes. I have always wanted this cartridge and the time was right to grab this beauty.

Here is 2 shots of it doing its business.

nickgregory:
nice!  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.  I moved to a Benz wood cart (L2) a while back and was blown away by the huge step forward it was...

raymonda:
I had a m.9 and can say that they are voice similar. The main difference is better truth to timbre, weightier low end and a high end that is about as real as I've heard.

The Benz L M H wood bodies are excellent but if you ever can swing it get a Ruby or LP series, you won't regret it.

BTW, I was able to pick up an ZYX R 100H, NOS and this thing is the real deal. I post further thoughts on it in another post.....but all the good things you've heard about the is more than true. Best, Best Buy when bought smart.

raymonda:
I have a needle drop of Terrapin Station I'd share. Let me know your interest and I'll hightail it to you.

nickgregory:
would love to give it a listen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version