Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Best mixing wired/wireless headphones?

(1/2) > >>

Cheesecadet:
Hey All,

My search function seems to take forever and not return results and I know similar topics on this have been discussed but can't find them.

I've always used the trusty Sony MDR7506 and love those for mixing.  I need to get a new pair (wired headphones) at some point and was wondering what else people are using.

I am also curious about noise cancelling headphones that are wireless.  Has anyone found a nice pair that have a rather flat response?  I received a pair of Sony wireless headphones.  I like them but they are rather bass heavy, definitely not adequate for mixing imo.  Are there any wireless noise cancelling headphones out there that could be used for mixing or is everyone still staying hardwired with their cans?

Gutbucket:
I use Senn HD600 and HD650

Wired, open, not-noise-cancelling in any way, yet reliable, excellent quality, good neutral frequency balance, and HD600 has become something of a standard.

Charlie Miller:
BeyerDynamic DT770 (250ohm)

capnhook:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on October 19, 2017, 10:00:58 AM ---I use Senn HD600...HD600 has become something of a standard.

--- End quote ---

Got a tip here on taperssection about these, and got a pair a few months ago.

Yep, you can hear it all, uncolored, with these cans.  Easy to wear for an extended period, too.

:coolguy:

acidjack:
I use Audeze EL-8s. Probably better to use open-back headphones if you can, but I just couldn't stomach the lack of any other use case for them....

For less $ I'd consider V-Moda Crossfades. Really sturdy build, and IMO significantly better sound than the other stuff in the range ($300). Maybe a little more bass presence than something as neutral as the Audeze though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version