Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Removing haze and scratches on M10 display?

(1/4) > >>

lsd2525:
SSIA. Not the greatest photo, but you'll get the idea. Part of my M10 screen is "hazy" from abrasion. Is there a safe way to polish this out without making it worse? My first thought was to try to use something like a Mr. Clean magic eraser, but I just don't know. Any tips?

beatkilla:
My M10 from 2010 has been in and out of my pocket so many times and still looks brand new.What are you storing/carrying it in?

audBall:
The "tape on frosted glass" approach may work here depending on the degree of abrasion in areas.

Gutbucket:
You might search plastic polishing products and techniques.

I just did the DIY bug-spray head-light defog polish trick on a friends car a few days ago.  Rubbing with with a DEET containing bug spray and a rag removes most of the UV fogging from the plastic lenses and makes them clear again.  Might work for this, but I'd try it on one of the scuffed round parts first to see how well it works before doing the main screen.  Its a solvent and melts the plastic slightly during polishing so proceed at your own risk.

audBall:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on October 20, 2017, 10:01:48 AM ---I just did the DIY bug-spray head-light defog polish trick on a friends car a few days ago.  Rubbing with with a DEET containing bug spray and a rag removes most of the UV fogging from the plastic lenses and makes them clear again.  Might work for this, but I'd try it on one of the scuffed round parts first to see how well it works before doing the main screen.  Its a solvent and melts the plastic slightly during polishing so proceed at your own risk.

--- End quote ---

I tried this approach with the poor man's version on my old scooby: plain ole toothpaste. It worked quite well but took some elbow grease. It's also helpful to apply a UV protectant afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version