Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Sony PCM-M10 Battery Life?

(1/4) > >>

rigpimp:
OK, I know a lot of folks have batteries last forever with this thing so why can't I get it to happen? 

I only use this deck to stealth and ALWAYS have to bring an extra set of AA's with me to swap out during a multi-act show.  I was unable to swap batteries last week and they died toward the end of about 3 or so hours of recording. 

I am using older Eneloops and newer Eneloops with the same results.  These ARE NOT crappy alkaline batteries.

I do have a formatted 64GB card and always record to the card first and then overflow to recorder.  Should I be doing it the other way around?  Does anyone think that large disk access may be the issue?  I know the M10 is only supposed to support a 32GB card max.

Opinions?  Insights?

audBall:
Have you tried regular alkalines in your m10?

The rechargeable benefits do not seem to add up with the m10 when people are getting 30-50 hours with alkalines.

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: audBall on June 11, 2018, 05:27:54 PM ---Have you tried regular alkalines in your m10?

The rechargeable benefits do not seem to add up with the m10 when people are getting 30-50 hours with alkalines.

--- End quote ---

No, I have never tried alkaline batteries.  I guess I have to give it a shot. 

I have not bought alkalines in years.  I bet I have been using Eneloops for close to 10 years now.  I think that my old ones even say Sanyo on them.

audBall:
I say the above also as a user of rechargeables, but for some reason the run times in the m10 just fall short. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but never really looked into the matter.

ilduclo:
I use rechargeables and get fair times. I have had to swap them out if there are 3 sets at 40 min each. Not a big thing for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version