Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3/ Soundforge question  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Nomad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
JB3/ Soundforge question
« on: January 25, 2005, 03:02:05 PM »
So I recorded my first show this weekend and want burn a copy of it at work but the instrucitons are at home. I have the show in My creatives playlist on my cpu. How do I get  Roxio ( I use Nero at home) to recognize the file. Do I need to export the file? I know you cant drag it and it seems only to reside in playlist. If there is a thread you can point me to Im not afraid to teach myself. I tried to search but no luck. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 05:34:39 PM by Nomad »
Its the terror of knowing what the world is about. Wathcing some good friends screaming let me out.

Superlux CM-H8K> Wmod Ua-5> JB3

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Another JB3 question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 03:03:55 PM »
Using the Creative Playcenter, "transfer" the track form your JB3 to your comp's HD.  Then use Nero however you like.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 03:07:46 PM »
I'd add an intermediate step (especially if your recording is over 80 minutes long)

transfer the file to your pc and then track it out (or at least cut out the parts you don't want like the 3 minutes of crowd, etc. before the first note) using cdwav (shareware available for free from www.cdwave.com) then burn the wav files you saved from cdwave to cd using roxio/nero/etc.  be sure to burn disk at once and to use the options necessary to delete gaps between tracks.

Offline Nomad

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 03:22:01 PM »
Ok I figured tranfer has something to do with it but it seemed that I could only transfer back to the JB3. I realize you have to pull up the pc library on the right side (instead of left) and transder to the ha rd drive. Thanks guys. I have a trial version of Soundforge 7.0 that I will start messing with now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 04:59:07 PM by Nomad »
Its the terror of knowing what the world is about. Wathcing some good friends screaming let me out.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 03:45:36 PM »
soundforge does not cut on sector boundaries and will thus introduce clicks between tracks.  IMHO there's no better application for splitting up wav files than cdwav.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
soundforge does not cut on sector boundaries and will thus introduce clicks between tracks.  IMHO there's no better application for splitting up wav files than cdwav.

DNS is correct!!!  Do any and all Soundforge work first, then make your track cuts with CDWave.  This will ensure (insure???  assure???) good track marks.

I also recommend trimming off the first 0.01 and last 0.01 seconds with CDWave to have nice clean ends...

Your lineage should look like this:

JB3>USB (or Firewire)>WAV>SF7.0 (edits, fades, etc...)>CDWave (tracking)>SHN (or FLAC)

Good luck!!!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Nomad

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 05:02:32 PM »
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 05:11:50 PM by Nomad »

Offline Nomad

• Taperssection Regular
Re: JB3/ Soundforge question
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 05:37:13 PM »
I dont want to subjuct yall to a new thread so I will ask in this one. Where do you normally set your smooth/enhance on soundforge?  In the middle or does it just depend. Also I didnt have the gain set high enough so would  using the volume feature make it louder like I think it would?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: JB3/ Soundforge question
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »
I dont want to subjuct yall to a new thread so I will ask in this one. Where do you normally set your smooth/enhance on soundforge? In the middle or does it just depend. Also I didnt have the gain set high enough so would using the volume feature make it louder like I think it would?

if ya wanna crank the gain a bit, ive always had success w/ normalizing to 0db :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com