Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Solderless XLR  (Read 17082 times)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Solderless XLR
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »
yank hard on the cable with soldered connections, and then try it with the solderless xlrs.

And your point is if I want to abuse my gear I am better off abusing soldered connections?  I do not abuse my gear.  What you do is your business.  I think it would do you all well to look at the Neutrik solderlss connector before you advance too many opinions on it.  It would be helpful to be well informed on this product before you offer too many opinions on it, don't you think.

Let me ask:, how many here have used Neutrik solderless connectors or even opened one up?

dude...i own a sound company. trust me, we know of and have tried the solderless xlr's from neutrik. yes, they will work, of course, but would i trust them over a properly soldered connection, nope. ymmv. btw....i've got hundred of xlr cables....literally. i think i sorta know of what i speak.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »
yank hard on the cable with soldered connections, and then try it with the solderless xlrs.

And your point is if I want to abuse my gear I am better off abusing soldered connections?  I do not abuse my gear.  What you do is your business.  I think it would do you all well to look at the Neutrik solderlss connector before you advance too many opinions on it.  It would be helpful to be well informed on this product before you offer too many opinions on it, don't you think.

Let me ask:, how many here have used Neutrik solderless connectors or even opened one up?

dude...i own a sound company. trust me, we know of and have tried the solderless xlr's from neutrik. yes, they will work, of course, but would i trust them over a properly soldered connection, nope. ymmv. btw....i've got hundred of xlr cables....literally. i think i sorta know of what i speak.

I am at a loss here.  Let me try to explain this again: I  use Neutrik solderless XLR connectors.  They work for me.  Are you with me this far?  OK, good.  You do not have to use them yourself.  Are you still with me?  What is so hard to understand about this two statements? 

And you do not know what you speak of about Neutrik because you have not demonstrated a failure.  Hello!  Are you still with me?  You not using them is a matter of personal choice and that is it.  You have not had one fail.

Thanks for your time.

Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline JackHenry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 03:52:14 AM »
Has anyone seen the crimp XLR in a 5 pin configuration????

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 06:07:40 AM »

And you do not know what you speak of about Neutrik because you have not demonstrated a failure.  Hello!  Are you still with me?  You not using them is a matter of personal choice and that is it.  You have not had one fail.

Thanks for your time.

I'm sure your cables will work just fine for you. You only have 2 of them to worry about. When you have 150 or so cables that need to be tested before they go out for gigs/rentals, then maybe it will be more of a concern to you. You are correct, my choice NOT to use the solderless XLR's is totally a personal choice, obviously. Would I use a solderless XLR if I had no other choice, sure! But, unlike you, I'd use the proper tool to do the job.

Thank YOU for your time....and why so hostile regarding other peoples opinions?
Ehhh, nevermind.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com