Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message  (Read 65419 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2005, 03:21:26 PM »
You know.... I feel bad for all you guys who dumped 2K+ on a machine that the company didn't work out all of the bugs........It seems you guys have turned into ginnypigs for SD.......R+D.....If I am going to drop my hard earned money on a 2K+ piece of recording equipment........the dam thing better work right out of the box................There appears to be too many issues with this recorder to be worth the investment..................I would would be demanding my fucking money back!!!!!!!I hope M-Audio works out all issues before they release there 24bit96K recorder......and part of me hopes it blows the doors off of SD...They should be ashamed of doing this to people!I'm pissed and I don't even own one!!WTF
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2005, 04:18:35 PM »
You know.... I feel bad for all you guys who dumped 2K+ on a machine that the company didn't work out all of the bugs........It seems you guys have turned into ginnypigs for SD.......R+D.....If I am going to drop my hard earned money on a 2K+ piece of recording equipment........the dam thing better work right out of the box................There appears to be too many issues with this recorder to be worth the investment..................I would would be demanding my fucking money back!!!!!!!I hope M-Audio works out all issues before they release there 24bit96K recorder......and part of me hopes it blows the doors off of SD...They should be ashamed of doing this to people!I'm pissed and I don't even own one!!WTF

great post, i feel the exact same way.

they really should be ashamed of themselves, its like giving everyone blueballs w/ all that anticipation

maybe SD will eventually release one that records only
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »
>>There appears to be too many issues with this recorder to be worth the investment..................I would would be demanding my fucking money back!<<

i've had one total issue which added up to less than 1 second of bad audio.  i've been using it since february.

i love the box.  i knew what i was getting into when i bought it.  i knew there might be issues. 

i can live with less than 1 second of glitches in over 2 months. 

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2005, 05:01:06 PM »
is it me or does it seem that the people that are most pissed off about the 722 and its issues do not own one?

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2005, 05:02:39 PM »
is it me or does it seem that the people that are most pissed off about the 722 and its issues do not own one?

correct

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2005, 05:02:55 PM »

oh youre right, i just think we believe something should work out of the box for 2+k

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2005, 05:05:51 PM »
i can live with less than 1 second of glitches in over 2 months. 

i think you would be hard pressed to find a setup that would be glitch free over that much time...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
I feel for everyone having problems with their 7xxs, but for those railing against SD - most of whom don't even own a 7xx, btw - I think it's important to remember two points:

[1]  first gen + complexity
This is a first generation device.  Every highly complex first generation device has bugs to work out, whether it's recording gear, cars, etc.  Even Grace Design - who generally receives nothing but rave reviews for customer service - had trouble with their first gen V3s:  miscalibrated low-batt indicators, DC offset, etc.  Granted, the problems only affected a relatively small number of units, and far as I know none rendered recordings unusable - but nonetheless, there were problems.

Now consider that the SD 7xx boxes are substantially more complex due to the HD and surrounding features and PC-connectivity, and it's no surprise there are issues.  While the problems are frustrating, certainly, what's important in my mind is how SD responds to the issues customers are facing.  So far, it seems they've responded reasonably swiftly and favorably in addressing known issues.

[2] the nature of online forums
There are likely plenty of people using 7xx boxes with no or minimal issues.  Forums like this tend to bring out primarily negative comments as a sounding board for people trying to resolve problems.  The satisfied users simply don't have a reason to post - they're too busy enjoying their new gear!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2005, 05:07:33 PM »
i think you would be hard pressed to find a setup that would be glitch free over that much time...

My V3 / JB3 combo has been glitch-free for 9+ months.  I think...not positive unless I scour the forums for old posts of me bitching about a problem!  :P
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2005, 05:19:10 PM »

My V3 / JB3 combo has been glitch-free for 9+ months. I think...not positive unless I scour the forums for old posts of me bitching about a problem! :P

ok, you got me, i just wasnt gonna say mine was too and jinx myself :P

my v3 > jb3 has never gave me one glitch ever

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2005, 05:51:11 PM »
Thank god they have good customer service. If it were a bigger company like Creative and Sony who knows how long it would take to fix these problems. But who knows if there would even be problems to begin with  :P I've been VERY tempted to back out on my 722 that's on order, but it appears to me they have been listening to the problems and fixing them as soon as they can. The support forum is really nice too. You can read what’s going in with the units

If I already had a HQ 24bit A/D converter, like the V3, there is no way I would shell $2k for this. But I don't see, at this time, anything this nice/quality that fits my needs. The M-Audio looks good, but who knows about; the battery life, 2GB size limit thing, the A/D, the pre-amp, levels monitoring and level controls. The R4 looks big and bulky. I didn’t like the stock Pre-amps and A/D on the UA-5.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 05:55:36 PM by Rick »
Retired Taper

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2005, 06:34:50 PM »
>>oh youre right, i just think we believe something should work out of the box for 2+k<<

but i think sound devices will be the first to say "these boxes are still a work in progress."  they don't claim the machines are perfect yet.  but they can claim that it's the only box for under like 7500 that does everything it does, and that is as small as it is. 

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2005, 08:21:03 PM »
Yes it needs a little work to be stable but it pulls excellent recordings and going in I expected to have some issues because it is a new product.  I'm still glad I bought the 722.  For all my whining, I whined much more when I got home from tour and found that almost all my masters had dropouts because there was a bad batch of DAT tapes.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2005, 09:09:41 PM »

oh youre right, i just think we believe something should work out of the box for 2+k

Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am with you again BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »

Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am with you again BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

;D 8)

i am really not trying to bash it, hell, if i wasnt 100% happy w/ my v3>jb3 rig,i prolly would have bought one, but i mean really, arent any of you that own one slightly pissed that it took 2+ years to come out, and then has firmware/firewire problems out of the box, at that point, id/ya'll should have wanted them to take another year and fix all of the bugs so it is flawless right out of the box

i would rather have something that is inferior that is RELIABLE than something that is cutting edge and doesnt work 100% of the time

and FWIW, my v3>jb3 setup hasbeen 100% perfect (knock onwood)so far,and ive prolly taped about 100+ sets easilyw/ it/them

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.188 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com