Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Prices of Canare Star Quad Cables  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Youneverno41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
Prices of Canare Star Quad Cables
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
Just curious about the price of these cables...Im looking on the site and it gives information, but no prices...and where can they be bought?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper
Shure KSM109s> Canare Starquads >BM2p+mod UA5> JB3(svu-1)

Ray76

Re: Prices of Canare Star Quad Cables
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »
Just curious about the price of these cables...Im looking on the site and it gives information, but no prices...and where can they be bought?

oade has them. www.oade.com

sonic sense has them i believe, sweetwater, etc.

Ray

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

oade has them. www.oade.com

sonic sense has them i believe, sweetwater, etc.

Ray
once again thanks ray!!
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper
Shure KSM109s> Canare Starquads >BM2p+mod UA5> JB3(svu-1)

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 06:19:20 PM »
ts.com member ed boardman makes really nice cables using canare starquad as the connectors and neutrik/switchcraft gold termiations -- check out his website www.kindkables.com, imho a great product at reasonable prices.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »
if you're good with soldering, you can buy the raw cable and connecters from markertek.com

I think it's something like 32 or 36 cents per foot.  right-angle XLR connectors are about 5 bucks each.  so for about $30 - $40 you can make your own set of cables, 15 feet, 20 feet, whatever you want.

or if you're not good with soldering, just buy a pair as suggested above.

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »
if you're good with soldering, you can buy the raw cable and connecters from markertek.com

I think it's something like 32 or 36 cents per foot.  right-angle XLR connectors are about 5 bucks each.  so for about $30 - $40 you can make your own set of cables, 15 feet, 20 feet, whatever you want.

neutrik RA xlrs have gone up (way up) in price since last year. they're almost 50% more than the price you quote.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 06:18:34 PM »

neutrik RA xlrs have gone up (way up) in price since last year. they're almost 50% more than the price you quote.

marc

thats rediculous, when did this happen just bought a bunch of RA a few months back and they were the same that I paid a fw years ago.  now they are almost $6 a connector.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Ray76

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »

marc

thats rediculous, when did this happen just bought a bunch of RA a few months back and they were the same that I paid a fw years ago.  now they are almost $6 a connector.

mr fozzy, any word on the vert bar yet??i want it unless someone is gonna buy the whole package

Ray

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 06:31:17 PM »

marc

intresting,  you're right, though, the prices on markertek are between $8 and $9.  but it's definitely more like "in the past couple of months"
because back in april or may, I ordered everything to make a set of 15 footers, and then it between $5 and $6 per connector  :-\

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 09:28:45 PM »

marc

intresting,  you're right, though, the prices on markertek are between $8 and $9.  but it's definitely more like "in the past couple of months"
because back in april or may, I ordered everything to make a set of 15 footers, and then it between $5 and $6 per connector  :-\

yep. i saw 2 price increases for Neutrik parts within the past 12 months. blame it on the exchange rate :(

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com