Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBM-1 (7pin) to JB3 optical Question  (Read 3399 times)

Offline dank

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • cold irons bound
SBM-1 (7pin) to JB3 optical Question
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:23:13 AM »
I almost always tape SBM1>M1 w/ the built-in 7pin cable on the SBM, but I just dug out my Jb3 while moving and wanted to do some recordings with this to save tapes (ie: not very important recordings).

anyhow, I have the RK-DA10P (grey head) coax>7pin..... this is ONLY input right?   I also have a Fostex digital format converter....

other than doing an optical/coax mod to my SBM.... what 7pin cable do I need to go 7pin out on SBM > coax in fostex box?

thanks guys
Mics: DPA 4021, AT 933, AKG CK31, CK32
Pre:  Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Oade ACM PMD660, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-2D, Sony PCM-M10[x2]
DIME List: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=919941

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: SBM-1 (7pin) to JB3 optical Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
Fozzy made me an optical output cable from one of the cables that came with my 7-pin cable.  It was just like 3 or 4 inches long, and plugged into the sbm-1 and had a female optical output plug... you just use a regular optical cable with it.  Worked like a charm.  I highly recommend having Fozzy make one.  THe parts are a bit pricey tho!!!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »
sony also makes the exact cable you need (7pin to optical 1/8") and they sell it for like $90 I think... I've seen it around these parts for much cheaper used though.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »
If you are interested PM me as I have one of Sony Optical In > & Pin < Optical Out cables that I am not using at all.  I forget the exact model number but it is the switchable grey head 7pin.    No kinks or bends.

Offline ethan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Go Buffs!
    • COTapers.org
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »
sony also makes the exact cable you need (7pin to optical 1/8") and they sell it for like $90 I think... I've seen it around these parts for much cheaper used though.

I have one of these...not every optical in will lock on. MD's seem to do fine but JB3's don't seem to lock.

YMMV
COtapers.org - "We're higher than your average taper"

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:34:31 PM »

I have one of these...not every optical in will lock on. MD's seem to do fine but JB3's don't seem to lock.

YMMV

WORD - i bought one a little while ago and couldn't get it to work with my JB3 for the life of me. seller insisted it was tested before he shipped and I believed him but was still at a loss to figure out why it wouldn't work. thanks!!
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
bump...im kinda in need for a single cable to do this..any advice?
chris

Offline ethan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Go Buffs!
    • COTapers.org
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:54:52 AM »
bump...im kinda in need for a single cable to do this..any advice?
chris

Well this doen't envolve a single cable but I wonder if throwing a CO2 inbetween the SBM-1 and JB3 might do the trick. I'm speculating but it seems the toslink out may not be brite enough from he SBM-1 and perhaps the CO2 can boost the optical. I believe you can feed either digi coax or optical into the CO2 and it provides both out.

FWIW the JB3's don't seem to lock on the out from my AD1K either. I do know people have used the CO2 with JB3 for patching so it must work.

-e

-e
COtapers.org - "We're higher than your average taper"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com