Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA soldering  (Read 2919 times)

Offline thomasdk7

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
DPA soldering
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
I need someone to solder a 1/8" minijack on my DPA 4061 mics. Looking for someone in Europe who has done this before, and would like to help me.
I've tried the local electronic shop, but they thought the cables were too tiny, and wouldn't risk it. DPA will do it, but they are WAY to expensive. So I'm really hoping to hear from a fellow taper, who will do it for a reasonable price!

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: DPA soldering
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:18:19 AM »
Tiny?
Yet strong?
Probably lacquered?
Just scrape away the lacquer (spelling?) with a knife and solder the cable to the plug.

Offline nardo

• Taperssection Regular
    • The Comatorium - The Mars Volta News
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 05:38:15 AM »
I need someone to solder a 1/8" minijack on my DPA 4061 mics. Looking for someone in Europe who has done this before, and would like to help me.
I've tried the local electronic shop, but they thought the cables were too tiny, and wouldn't risk it. DPA will do it, but they are WAY to expensive. So I'm really hoping to hear from a fellow taper, who will do it for a reasonable price!
Instead of your local electronics shop you could try a decent photo shop since they have the equipment. I had Nikon do some fine soldering for me in the past, didn't even charge me anything since it only took them 2 minutes to get it done, I just dropped money in their Thank-You Box - and bought a camera from them a month later because I was so impressed with their customer service.

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 07:50:07 AM »
or try your local sound reinforcement company. they should be able to do this for you in 5 minutes.....infact, you can do it yourself with a low watt soldering iron.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 05:10:29 PM »
yea, no trouble w/this. the wires are small, but the miniplug will be plenty big.  just put the wires into the leads, bend them so they stay and then melt a little solder on the iron and touch it to the lead.  viola!
i'm about to do the same for mine.

Offline thomasdk7

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 02:08:19 AM »
Thank you all for the replies. I might have found a local guy who can help me. Now I just hope it works well.

Offline redbook

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »
Didn't know Sound Professionals did this at that small price

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=DPA-4061

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.152 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com