Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack CF/Microdrive copied to 722/744 = Reading Media card problems  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
saturday nite on a ride back from a show i let a friend copy my recording that i had made on the microtracker using a 6gb microdrive. he stuck the microdrive card in the 722, and copied all files. he then returned the card and it was no longer useable in the microtracker. all i got was a "Reading Media" dialog box and it would hang there.

i tried my spare card and it worked fine, returned the original microdrive with the recording and again the Reading Media hang.

i couldnt even get it to connect to pc.

so, luckily i also have a mac and it went into usb mode immediately and there was the NO_NAME drive on the  desktop. i was able to retrieve the wav files. :) 

the 722/744 puts some kind of file structure onto the card. a "SOUNDEV" file wth some stuff in it, a "TRASH" file and a small txt file. these were in addition the the 'tmp" file typically found on the cf/microdrive. i tried deleting these soundevices files and still got Reading Media hang. bummer.

I had to delete everything on the microdrive in order for the microdrive to be accepted by the standalone microtrack.  i reformatted the card in the microdrive and all appears well.

i dont think this is a one time shot, beause there were four of us in the car when this happened, and the same thing happened to my other friend in he car who let his complact flash card he used in his microtrack to be copied onto the 744.    ???

funny thing is, in the past i have had 722 files copied ONTO the microrive without a problem. the files copied from 722 to microdrive were not a problem and could even be played back on the microtrack.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com