Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for quality XLR cable  (Read 8421 times)

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Looking for quality XLR cable
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 10:43:45 PM »
These solderless connectors are made by the premier connector manufacturer: Neutrik.  A check of their catalog and their specs reveals that in no way do they intend them to be used for field fixes, but they can be.  In no place do the point out that any signal is degraded.  Unless you have testing proof of this, I would suggest that is just your opinion and is unsupported by fact.  I reiterate to you as I have in two PM's: our entire telecommunications uses solderless connections.  Analog connections must be first rate as deficiencies are cumulative.  If Bell Labs thinks solderless connections are superior to solder, I guess it is good enough for me.  As usual, YMMV   8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline ferenc_k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 06:34:24 AM »
If you want something really good (neutral, smooth and dynamic) and reliable XLR cable, try the Evidence Audio Lyric HG XLR cable set. Works very well in my case the 5 feet and the 20 feet as well, I changed from a much more expensive cable to it in my setup and do not feel the need to look any other cable.

Offline Busman Audio

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »
I will put my hat in the ring for van den Hul "the mic" cable. I know some think it is a little expensive but you are getting a ultra high quality, sweet sounding cable that will outlast so many cables out there. The price is worth it IMO. 
Busman mics of all kinds>some type of busman modified recorder.

"Just Mod It"

Offline animuselanvital

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 05:05:12 AM »
I have heard good things about the Monster studio pro 1000 xlr cable.  I even heard a self proclaimed audiophile boast on musicians friend that they were the absolute best cable out there. . . . that may be stretching it a little.  No experience with it though. . . I just know they are a bit costly as well.  Anyone have experience with these?  How do they compare with Mogami and Van den hul cables?

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
I have heard good things about the Monster studio pro 1000 xlr cable.  I even heard a self proclaimed audiophile boast on musicians friend that they were the absolute best cable out there. . . . that may be stretching it a little.  No experience with it though. . . I just know they are a bit costly as well.  Anyone have experience with these?  How do they compare with Mogami and Van den hul cables?
Doug Oade uses the monster sp1000 for short runs, fwiw.
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline Lex

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
These are what I build:

catcables.com Kingcats:  99.99% pure silver, all teflon construction, bare copper shielding.

http://www.fotogafer.com/photos/246715364_kR2cL-X2.jpg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com