Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-40 with external mics  (Read 3558 times)

Offline leomet_2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR-40 with external mics
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:46:23 AM »
hi all... i have just got a new Tascam DR-40 equipment... i have also an Edirol R-09 HR + 2 external mics... i just use a SONY MIC ECM-719

the question is... who can help to tell me about the best mic for a live and loud show?? cant use the other mics i have because Tascam dont have the common stereo jack IN, this have XLR inputs, so 2 connections per 1 mic or instruments.

the best thing of Tascam is that i can record 2 wav files... 1 with the internal mics and at the same time other with XLR inputs and get 2 audios sources with the same equipment!

my idea is sell the edirol and the other mics and buy a GOOD mic for tascam with XLR connection...

someone??

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
Re: Tascam DR-40 with external mics
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »
It's going to entirely depend on your budget. You should probably ask a mod to transfer this thread to the Microphones section.

The good news is that your prospective XLR mics are going to sound better than the Sony mic you have been using, which has little bass and a lot of self-noise.

Offline leomet_2000

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 06:56:18 PM »
Hey hi, i am from argentina, there are not a lot of tapers, or at least not with the correct equipment for taping...
SO I AM HERE TO ASK....

i had Minidisc, sharp and sony, edirol R-09 HR and now TASCAM DR-40

the last one, Tascam is 4 channels, so i have tried always to tape 1 source audio with internal mics CH1 and CH2 and external CHE3 and CH4 so i have 2 diff audio sources of the same show, but i am using a SONY ECM 719 with a Battery and is not a very good mic, the internal sounds a lot better..... i have used this same mic with edirol R-09 HR and this equipment just can tape 2 channels, internals or externals but have an option for send enery to the SONY MIC.... i cant to the same with TASCAM because have PHANTOM energy and i will butn the mic....

mi question is, there is a good mic with some extra gear to not use an extra bettery for the mic?? just put the mic on tascam and replace tghe battery? i think there are some filters for that...
also i know there are cheap mics that are very good for that..... who have tried it??

sorry for my english.

Offline leomet_2000

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 07:04:28 PM »
yes, it sounds better but with a lot of bass

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com