Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Squeezebox questions  (Read 3636 times)

spreadheadtom

• Trade Count: (0)
Squeezebox questions
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
Well it came in the mail today so you all know my computer illiterate ass would need some help.  ::)

I've got it plugged in but it will not connect to Slimserver.  During setup it asks for the IP addy for the squeezecenter.  Where the hell do I find that?

thanks!  I'm sure there will be more after this one is answered.

Tommy

spreadheadtom

Re: Squeezebox questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
ok.....I'm able to connect to the internet radio stations.  I just can't connect to squeezecenter.

this is driving me nuts!

spreadheadtom

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »
I guess my main question would be.....what is the IP address for squeeezecenter?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »
I guess my main question would be.....what is the IP address for squeeezecenter?

Probably the same IP address as the computer on which Squeezecenter is running.  If you're on Windows 2k / XP, to find your IP address:  Start | Settings | (Contrl Panel | ) Network Connections, right-click the network connection in use and select Status, then switch to the Support tab.  If you're on Vista, Mac, or Linux, sorry...can't help.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:51 AM »
you may need to open up some firewall ports on the PC that is running the squeezecenter.  Take a look at the troubleshooting section of the manual, and there are three ports taht need access opened.  Assuming that gets opened, the SB3 should be able to find the squeezecenter on its own

spreadheadtom

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »
thanks guys!  I am running Vista  >:(   I went to IPlookup and got the addy to my desktop.  I input it in the SB, but Squeezecenter still does not recognize the player.  All ports are open according to the manual.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »
go to the forums on slimdevices.com and run a quick search...i found some good info there.

another thoguht, elementary question, but can you confirm if the slimserver is open? 

spreadheadtom

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »
go to the forums on slimdevices.com and run a quick search...i found some good info there.

another thoguht, elementary question, but can you confirm if the slimserver is open? 

the SB will not connect to slimserver.  Squeezecenter is running on the machine because I can see files.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »

the SB will not connect to slimserver.  Squeezecenter is running on the machine because I can see files.

figured I would ask :P

I would query the slimdevices forum and see if there is something specific to Vista that needs to be done

spreadheadtom

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »

figured I would ask :P

I would query the slimdevices forum and see if there is something specific to Vista that needs to be done

it was a VERY good question for my dumbass self  ;)

spreadheadtom

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »
The answer I got from the slimdevices forum was to run ipconfig and use that addy.  I'm pretty sure I tried that first last night, but will try try again  ::)

If that doesn't work, anyone have any other suggestions?  I'm running wireless to my desktop.  The SB is hooked straight in to the wireless router with CAT5 cable.

spreadheadtom

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »
I got it!!  When all else fails, unplug, reset and try again  ;D

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:34 PM »
I got it!!  When all else fails, unplug, reset and try again  ;D

that will usually do it :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com