Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do minime's have A touchy spdif connection?  (Read 7842 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Do minime's have A touchy spdif connection?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,94473.0.html

you could easily run both of them in one bag.  w/all kinds of room for a deck, batteries, mics..etc.
you just access stuff via the side.  if you wanted, you could run the bag vertically too, so it would be facing you.
I prefer to "set it and forget it", then just check levels on the deck to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »
im running mine right now nak rx505>kindkables>mme>kindkables coax>mt and its fine...although the connection of the coax isnt as 'tight' as some.  never had a prob with it locking the signal to the mt/mini me/DAT...

i like the aes/ebu option....where can i score a non right angle aes>coax or an adapter?  my aes is right angle and for my app (desktop) its not practical.

chirs

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 01:27:07 PM »
where can i score a non right angle aes>coax

I've got one. PM me if interested.

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 04:35:20 AM »

Well, I finally got bit a couple of times by this flakey female SPDIF connector on my mini-me.  What do I have to do to fix it, and what causes the bad connection?

I already tried an AES/Spdif attenuated transformer, but my D8 won't accept a pro signal (gives me the bogus "Tape Protect" error).  I'm stuck........ :-\

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »

Well, I finally got bit a couple of times by this flakey female SPDIF connector on my mini-me.  What do I have to do to fix it, and what causes the bad connection?

I already tried an AES/Spdif attenuated transformer, but my D8 won't accept a pro signal (gives me the bogus "Tape Protect" error).  I'm stuck........ :-\

Gonna get a new RA Male RCA put on my patch cable, give that a whirl first......
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:30:23 PM by capnhook »

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »
IME the MME has a more recessed jack. I could not get my Zaolla spdif to lock on. The barrel was not long enough to get all the way to the plug effectively.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline K.C.

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Don't Bowie my Maze
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
had the same problem running MME > spdif > MT... for a long time, i thought it was the MT, but i figured it out after many incomplete recordings  :P no problems running out of the aes though
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:13:18 PM by kcc140 »
Playback: NAD T758 > B&W DM603 S3

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
had the same problem running MME > spdif > MT, and i was using an Apogee coax cable..LOL! for some time, i thought it was the MT, but figured it out after many incomplete recordings  :P no problems running out of the aes

Ahhh, I can't lock onto the AES, even properly attenuated, with a D8.

Anyone properly repair or replace the jack?  Would Apogee fix this?   ???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:32:36 PM by capnhook »

Offline K.C.

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Don't Bowie my Maze
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
had the same problem running MME > spdif > MT, and i was using an Apogee coax cable..LOL! for some time, i thought it was the MT, but figured it out after many incomplete recordings  :P no problems running out of the aes

Ahhh, I can't lock onto the AES, even properly attenuated, with a D8.

Anyone properly repair or replace the lack?  Would Apogee fix this?   ???

strange, i used the AES out of both my AD500E & AD1000 > D7/D8, but never tried with the MME...not sure what the difference is...
Playback: NAD T758 > B&W DM603 S3

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
i sent mine to Nick (schoepsnbox) to have some custom knobs put on the trim pods.  When he got it open he noticed the rca digital output had bad solder joints.  He took care of that for me.  I knew there was an issue, thats why I had Ed (kind kables) make me a AES>RCA cable.  I bought the mme from YS and the spdif went loose and started shorting out the second show ???
Apogee said they would fix it, but finding someone here might be faster....
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »

Well, took the plunge and called Apogee, got a RMA#, and sent it in.  I'll keep you updated.  Supposed to have a ten business day turnaround.

(Mine actually acts as if the female RCA SPDIF on the minime does not grip the center pin on any of my SPDIF cables properly.  I hope they have a good fix....)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com