Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: the sound i've recorded is very low ,  (Read 2824 times)

Offline zoo440

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
the sound i've recorded is very low ,
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »
i have problem with my sony m10, i recorded a live gig in outdoors rock festival, my problem is the sound i've recorded is very low ,
i used SP-CMC-8 mics and sp-spsb-11 battery box, sony m10 setting was line input, limiter off,low cut off, iow mics sensitive, manual rec, level 8
volume indicator was mostly 50 percent i don't know why it was happened, i needed 80 percent volume gain ,should i connect SP-CMC-8 to mics input? sony m10 has two inputs -mics  input and line input- should i have connected the mics to mics input?  i need your advice please solve my problem,
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:23:29 AM by zoo440 »

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: the sound i've recorded is very low ,
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »
I would use mic input with a battery box on the M10(thats how i always record shows)i only use line input with a preamp,also the Low Cut on M10 does not affect line input only mic input.

Offline zoo440

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
really thanks for your reply, i think you're right, if i connect the mics with a battery box to mics input on sony m10 the sound is louder than line input

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »
When you say 50%, do you mean halfway on the meters, i.e., -12dB? If so, that's a totally reasonable level, especially if you're recording 24 bit.

That said, recording with mic in with your setup should be fine for everything but the very loudest shows. My personal rule of thumb: if I don't need earplugs, I should go mic in.

Offline zoo440

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
i'm not an american, so i'm not good at speaking english well, lacking for explanation
the files i've recorded were 24 bit/wav  and volume indicator on display was moving from 0 to 50 percent, i wanted it to over 80 percent by adjusting rec level  and i tried to solve the problem to adjust rec level untill 8 or 9 but the volume meter on display was not moving over 50 percent, , i transferred the files to computer and listened to the raw files as wav format ,sound was very clear but volume was low ,not normal ,what's wrong with my gears?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:01:26 AM by zoo440 »

Offline rhinowing

• Needs to get out more...
    • SPLRA - Smashing Pumpkins Live Recording Association
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 11:48:22 PM »
i'm not an american, so i'm not good at speaking english well, lacking for explanation
the files i've recorded were 24 bit/wav  and volume indicator on display was moving from 0 to 50 percent, i wanted it to over 80 percent by adjusting rec level  and i tried to solve the problem to adjust rec level untill 8 or 9 but the volume meter on display was not moving over 50 percent, , i transferred the files to computer and listen to the raw files as wav format ,sound is very clear but volume is low ,not normal ,what's wrong with my gears?
just amplify it in post
Please contact me if you've ever taped the Smashing Pumpkins or a related group!

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:07:53 AM »
the files i've recorded were 24 bit/wav  and volume indicator on display was moving from 0 to 50 percent, i wanted it to over 80 percent by adjusting rec level  and i tried to solve the problem to adjust rec level untill 8 or 9 but the volume meter on display was not moving over 50 percent, , i transferred the files to computer and listen to the raw files as wav format ,sound is very clear but volume is low ,not normal ,what's wrong with my gears?
just amplify it in post

Yeah, a Normalize filter should do the trick. Though if there are one or two big loud spikes, you may need to reduce the volume of those before Normalize can work its full magic.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com