Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another getting back into taping thread!  (Read 6906 times)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Another getting back into taping thread!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »

I have this stand and it's been my favorite - inexpensive, very versatile, lightweight compared to the ones I've had in the past and sturdy

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1074706-REG/photek_ls_8122_3_section_10_folding_light.html
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »
So finally ended up purchasing some stuff to begin the taping journey again. Went with a Tascam Dr-40x and some AT4041 stereo studio pack mics. The bluegrass group I play with was all about the mics for recording so they ate more of the budget than anticipated but it's nice having band members excited to record. Decided on the cheaper Tascam to get started with. If I find myself recording more I'll probably pick up a nicer recorder or preamp in the future but figured this was a decent one to start with.

Have a few local brewery shows in the coming weeks to test it out. Then YMSB/Stringduster NW shows followed by Mike Gordon Band in Jan. Need to pick up a stand (looking at the Photek at B&H that has been recommended on the board recently.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.  :cheers:

Those mics should serve you well for a long time to come.  Congrats!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline seththedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »
So finally ended up purchasing some stuff to begin the taping journey again. Went with a Tascam Dr-40x and some AT4041 stereo studio pack mics. The bluegrass group I play with was all about the mics for recording so they ate more of the budget than anticipated but it's nice having band members excited to record. Decided on the cheaper Tascam to get started with. If I find myself recording more I'll probably pick up a nicer recorder or preamp in the future but figured this was a decent one to start with.

Have a few local brewery shows in the coming weeks to test it out. Then YMSB/Stringduster NW shows followed by Mike Gordon Band in Jan. Need to pick up a stand (looking at the Photek at B&H that has been recommended on the board recently.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.  :cheers:

Those mics should serve you well for a long time to come.  Congrats!

Thanks! That's the plan.

I have this stand and it's been my favorite - inexpensive, very versatile, lightweight compared to the ones I've had in the past and sturdy

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1074706-REG/photek_ls_8122_3_section_10_folding_light.html

That's the one I'm planning on grabbing. I have a short 6" stereo bar already that I am hoping will work, should be able to try it out on a regular mic stand this weekend.

Quick question about battery packs that someone might have an answer to. Will a Talentcell like this work for me? I haven't done battery pack research yet but am thinking I could just hookup to the USB > Dr40 and that would be good. Am I missing something?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01337QXMA
Sethro in Southern Oregon. Mandolin Maniac and Bluegrass Lover

AT4041 > Tascam DR-40x

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »

Yes that Talentcell battery specs 20000mAh at 5V so it should run the DR40 over the USB for quite a while.

Heads up on the Photek stand - the top stud is 1/4 inch thread and is NOT removable or reversible like other stands so you will need to adapt the thread size to 3/8 or 5/8 depending on your mounting hardware. I usually clamp my stereo bar onto it with a Windtech C clamp.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com