Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable battery pack for HD-P2??  (Read 4828 times)

Offline tapertom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Thank A Taper!!!
    • Most of my CD list
Portable battery pack for HD-P2??
« on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »
How can I make a portable battery pack for a Tascam HD-P2?? I wanna save on AA batteries.. Any help highly appreciated!! Just lemme know what u need to buy to make one or a site to buy one.. THANKS!!!
They weren't they did, They were the only ones that did what they did.... The Grateful Dead

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Portable battery pack for HD-P2??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
See Ted's thread here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=150794.0

He lists the connector size for the deck, then a bunch of battery options. Match them up and have him make the cable for you and you're good to go.
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline tapertom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Thank A Taper!!!
    • Most of my CD list
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »
Thank ya kindly!!!
They weren't they did, They were the only ones that did what they did.... The Grateful Dead

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:51 AM »
I remember seeing a HDP2 battery "mod" that involved cutting (2) wood dowels the same diameter and length of (2) AA batteries, and wiring them up to accept a 12vDC battery.  Basically, these wood dowels fit into the first two slots of the standard battery box in the P2 and allowed the user to use the battery meter on the P2 to gauge their external.  However, this required you cut a slit in the battery cover to allow the wire to go through...  I always wanted to do this, but I ended up using many rechargeable AA batteries in the standard battery slot when ever I taped...  It helped that the venue I taped most of the time gave us AC power, so I used the wall-wart...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »
I remember seeing a HDP2 battery "mod" that involved cutting (2) wood dowels the same diameter and length of (2) AA batteries, and wiring them up to accept a 12vDC battery.  Basically, these wood dowels fit into the first two slots of the standard battery box in the P2 and allowed the user to use the battery meter on the P2 to gauge their external.  However, this required you cut a slit in the battery cover to allow the wire to go through...  I always wanted to do this, but I ended up using many rechargeable AA batteries in the standard battery slot when ever I taped...  It helped that the venue I taped most of the time gave us AC power, so I used the wall-wart...

Terry
I made this setup, and it does work, but I've always used a 9V DVD lithium-ion battery (Power Runner) plugged into the AC jack which has worked great for years... with NiMH batteries as a backup in the unit itself, you can get *many* hours on that. The NiMH batteries rarely if ever have to be used, and the P2 will switch seamlessly if the external DVD battery ever runs out.
retired

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:38:14 AM »
There are lots of options for this.  By far the easiest is to buy a pre-encased battery that provides the right voltage and have a cable made with tips on both ends that allows for interfaces between your battery and the recorder. 

There are tons of sellers on ebay that offer packs of varying voltage and capacity.  These are basically just packs of cells that are wired up and essentially taped together. 

Another option is to build yourself a battery pack...it's is pretty basic stuff.  If you decide to buy individual cells, choose a battery chemistry and buy cells from an online seller or off ebay.  Use the internet to find instructions for wiring them up to get the overall voltage battery needed to power your gear.  Determine the tip you need, the polarity of the device, and whether you want to use Li-ion or Ni-Mh cells.  Each have their pros and cons.  If you buy anything from China on ebay, beware that they often aren't the capacity stated.  Stick with reputable brands and sellers with good feedback.  Don't forget you also need a charger.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.234 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com