Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Whats the Best 'unofficial' multicam fan shot video you have seen?  (Read 19766 times)

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
This weekend myself and 11 friends shot video at the U2 concerts in Anaheim.  I coordinated and for the most part knew where everyone was, what camera they were using and the best settings for each camera.
Several people bought cameras for this show and people flew in from France, Germany, Canada, New York and other places for this. 

I am interested to see some clips of other multicam shoots other fans have done for other bands to get an idea if possibly what we have done could become the best unofficial audience shoot to date. 

Here is a clip of 4 of the close up angles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0hnknawDXs

I am waiting on the others to get me their footage, there are a few wide angles from the seats of course
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Whats the Best 'unofficial' multicam fan shot video you have seen?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:12:26 PM »
Only two I can think of where crews of competent folks worked together for something like this would be the Ween crew that has done a ton of stuff (but I can't recommend any particular shows), and Team Hood who tapes Phish. Ween allows video taping, but Phish doesn't, so for your perspective, the later may be a better guage. Their Hampton '09 run of shows would be one to consider for analysis, I think all three nights are available. Maybe the Indio videos if they have been circulated.

I don't think I've ever seen more then 6 or 7 work together for a single show though. Thats impressive if nobody got caught at the show and you can pull off the editing.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
Cant think of any.But i do think more cameras is not better.I really cant see needing more than 7 or 8 for even a pro dvd release.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »
Cant think of any.But i do think more cameras is not better.I really cant see needing more than 7 or 8 for even a pro dvd release.

7 or 8? Wow, that's a lot. I don't prefer shots changing every 30 seconds from camera to camera with silly fades so 3-5 would be good for me. seems like most musicians are already arrogant so why shove a camera in their face for extra attention?
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 03:09:45 PM »

7 or 8? Wow, that's a lot. I don't prefer shots changing every 30 seconds from camera to camera with silly fades so 3-5 would be good for me. seems like most musicians are already arrogant so why shove a camera in their face for extra attention?

The best reason for 11 or 12 is because of stealthing, so there may be only 6 or 7 at any given time which are actually filming and not trying to be incognito. I figure, of 12 cameras, 4 will come off without a hitch, 1 or 2 might get caught, another might have a hardware failure, 4-5 might be only able to film segments of the show (2 min on, 6 minutes off sort of deal), so at the end of the day you end up with usable footage from 8 or 9 cameras, but you'll only get about 4-5 at any given moment to really chose from, and all of those won't be sterling shots either.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline krsb

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
You are off to a fine start on the edit. When you add the wide shots it will be sweet!

My audio from U2 in Zurich(Sep 11, 2011) was used for the fan based vid from that show. The editor made good use of wide shots where you can see the U2 video screen and I feel it really brings something interesting to the mix. The way U2's AV team mixes that live video on the giant screen is intense...

Good luck with the edit.

cb

ate. 

Busman BCS1, Busman BSCS-L, DPA 4023, Neumann KM 184, KM 183
Lunatec V3, Naiant Midbox
Oade ACM Marantz PMD 661, Sony D50, Tascam DR680
+ lotsa darktrain cables :-)

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
The U2 Stage is so big and complex you need more cameras for coverage. 

U2 security and venue security no longer stop people from shooting video, how can they when so many people are doing it.  Digital cameras have become so good that we all used small point and shoot cameras. 

It may be a matter of taste but I use 5-7 cameras when I am filming small club bands.  They are paying and it feeds right into their egos to know they have alot of cameras rolling.  Makes them feel they are getting their moneys worth

With regard to editing, I get what your saying about wanting to hold shots and that is great for jam bands and prog rock but I can tell you from dealing with all sorts of music that 98% of the time they want these fast rapid edits to add excitement to the video.  I try and strike a balance

Here is an example of a recent official shoot:

Bitch(rolling stones cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCLm7lONcgE

When i showed them the 1st draft the only thing they asked for was MORE CUTS

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
Digital cameras have become so good that we all used small point and shoot cameras. 

Ah, you're using PaS cameras, not camcorders. Both groups I referenced use camcorders which draws a different reaction from venue security.

Offline fischer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • diggity dank!
    • SHN LIST
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
If one was to even try and include point and shoot cams for Phish it would be 20+ cams :P Team Hood is most likely the most coordinated group for any band that I have seen....

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
This weekend myself and 11 friends shot video at the U2 concerts in Anaheim.  I coordinated and for the most part knew where everyone was, what camera they were using and the best settings for each camera.
Several people bought cameras for this show and people flew in from France, Germany, Canada, New York and other places for this. 

I am interested to see some clips of other multicam shoots other fans have done for other bands to get an idea if possibly what we have done could become the best unofficial audience shoot to date. 

I am waiting on the others to get me their footage, there are a few wide angles from the seats of course

Nice editing, good camera work.  I've found it difficult to find other camera operators with talent and the ability to take direction.  And I'm impressed with the quality of those little HX9V cameras.  I've been on the fence about getting one of those to replace an old Kodak EasyShare that I have.    I think you just helped me make up my mind.
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »
Team Hood is most likely the most coordinated group for any band that I have seen....

agreed.

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
My buddies and I have filmed dozens of shows for multicam DVDs. Here's a clip from a 6 camera shoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQy1kYtAGo

We found that 6 was more than enough.
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »
I was impressed with this Roger Waters show:

http://panicstream.com/video/thewall.html

Have to give props to the Ween video crew. I'm not really into watching a lot of videos, but it's nice to get the shows I've been to on DVD. They do a fantastic job.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »
<<I was impressed with this Roger Waters show:>>

I was the filmer of this Rogers multicam.  While I agree it is a nice editing job (someone else put it together, I can barely do a straight 2-cam myself), I should note that the footage is from four separate nights.
Mics: Schoeps MK4, DPA 4061, AT953, Shure MV88
Preamps/BB: Nbox, tinybox, ST-9100, CA-UGLY, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »

Nice editing, good camera work.  I've found it difficult to find other camera operators with talent and the ability to take direction.  And I'm impressed with the quality of those little HX9V cameras.  I've been on the fence about getting one of those to replace an old Kodak EasyShare that I have.    I think you just helped me make up my mind.

The HX9v is a beast and its OIS is the best i have ever seen

@tapeheadoo you did do a nice job filming, were any of your shows shared 1080p?

@printguy, good video but that is a permission shoot in a small venue

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
<<@tapeheadoo you did do a nice job filming, were any of your shows shared 1080p?>>

Thanks... I believe two out of the four shows have been posted to Dime in Blu-ray format.

<<The HX9v is a beast and its OIS is the best i have ever seen>>

How would you compare with the Lumix ZS series?  I'm unhappy with my ZS10 and am in the market for another P+S camera for filming.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:59:48 AM by tapeheadtoo »
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

Offline printguy

• Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »

The HX9v is a beast and its OIS is the best i have ever seen

@tapeheadoo you did do a nice job filming, were any of your shows shared 1080p?

@printguy, good video but that is a permission shoot in a small venue
In that case - yes. We've done large arena shows as well. The band are OK with taping but it's usually a challenge with the venues.
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
In that case - yes. We've done large arena shows as well. The band are OK with taping but it's usually a challenge with the venues.

I think U2 has given up on stopping video, and the venue security hasnt been stopping people so i figure they have just realized its pointless to stop. 

@Tapeheadtoo

There is no comparison between the panasonic ZS series and the Hx9v

ZS3 @ -1.3 EV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz_NMDnOEOU

HX9V's @ -2.0 EV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os3N3YIx8UA

The main difference is the Exposure settings but the ZS cams are a step below in all the important stuff, chip size, stabilization, resolution, frame rate

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »
You won me over Shoestring.  I just bought one at Best Buy an hour ago and will be taking it with me to Chicago next week.  Do you mind answering a few questions?
What settings have you found to work well for concerts?
Are you using maximum 28mbps 1080p or using 720p to save card space?  I noticed your U2 upload was 720p.
Good battery life when doing video?
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 10:52:34 PM »
You won me over Shoestring.  I just bought one at Best Buy an hour ago and will be taking it with me to Chicago next week.  Do you mind answering a few questions?
What settings have you found to work well for concerts?
Are you using maximum 28mbps 1080p or using 720p to save card space?  I noticed your U2 upload was 720p.
Good battery life when doing video?

I shoot most things in 1080i60 but shot u2 in 1080p60
upload in 720p cuz its just a preview and it saves render and upload time

The main thing you need to know is how to adjust exposure up and down, and that is pretty easy, shoot in auto scene mode, dial on movie and the top custom button will allow you to change exposure but not while filming. 

Chicago for U2 7/5?

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »
wow
those do give a good picture and with 16x zoom thats as good as many camcorders
how long will the battery last filming a show?
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:18:25 AM »

I shoot most things in 1080i60 but shot u2 in 1080p60
upload in 720p cuz its just a preview and it saves render and upload time

The main thing you need to know is how to adjust exposure up and down, and that is pretty easy, shoot in auto scene mode, dial on movie and the top custom button will allow you to change exposure but not while filming. 

Chicago for U2 7/5?

Thanks.  With little time to get accustomed every little tip helps.  Unfortunately, I'll be out of Chicago before the U2 show.  I do plan to attend Kaki King and maybe The Andreas Kapsalis & Goran Ivanovic Guitar Duo while I'm there.  I also want to check out some jazz clubs.
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 02:55:52 AM »
wow
those do give a good picture and with 16x zoom thats as good as many camcorders
how long will the battery last filming a show?

Batteries last 50-80 minutes

If you like 16x,  the HX9v has a big bro, the Hx100v with 30x zoom, its the same sensor and other things

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666297852&XID=O:hx100v:dg_dsc_gglsrch

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
Shoestring, I'm considering purchasing the hx9v too.
Is there any limitation on length of recording in 1080p?  Are you able to record for as long as you have space on the card without stopping and starting again?

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
From what I read - the HX9v is like all the other cams when shooting 1080 - 29 minute limit.  Can someone with hands on experience confirm this?

In my opinion - the Hx100v looks too much like a 'pro camera' (i.e., a digital SLR).  I know a serious photography enthusiast would snicker at the suggestion that it's a pro camera.  But at venues that allow P&S cams, 95% of the people working security would shut you down if you had a Hx100v because "Only P&S cameras are allowed."  And no amount of explaining to the contrary would be any good.

I have always loved optical zoom - the more the better.  But that was when I was shooting video with more traditional videocams.  In terms of grip and holding the camera - these P&S cams were not designed with the idea of shooting video - especially video at a distance.  They are so small and light, that it's really hard to hand hold the cam and get a steady shot when you shoot beyond 10X.  I shot a Rush show a few months ago with a ZS10 and was able to hold the cam steady, but that was because the seats in the venue were staggered such that I could hold the cam between my legs (resting my arms on the tops of my legs) and shoot between the two seats in front of me.  I just got lucky that time.

This Sony HX9v looks nice to me.  I already have four NP-BG1 batteries and a couple of rechargers for those batteries from earlier Sony cams I owned.  And if I understand the specs correctly - Sony has finally gotten away from forcing you to use its proprietary (and more expensive) duo-stick pro flash memory - as the HX9v also accepts regular SD cards.

After a couple weeks of use - I dropped my ZS10 in the ocean while shooting video of the grandkids.  The repairs would cost as much as a new camera - so that one is lost (although I suppose I could sell it "as is" in case someone needs parts from it).  So I need another camera.

I also read the HX9v gives you the option of PAL/NTSC?  Or is that just indicating it comes in both formats (either/or)?
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
I have the hx5v last years model.It uses any SDhc card you like and stops at 29min. Its a great little camera...i love the sweep panorama still mode,i got some fantastic shots with that.

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »
From what I read - the HX9v is like all the other cams when shooting 1080 - 29 minute limit.  Can someone with hands on experience confirm this?

Re: 29 minute limit:

http://philipbloom.net/2009/06/03/the-lumix-30-minutes-eu-recording-issue/

In the past this concerned only models sold in Europe.  Does anyone know why this restriction is now being applied in the US??

If the HX9v indeed has the 29 minute limit, I think I'll just stick with my ZS3 that shoots indefinitely at 720p.  I really hate having to stop and restart, plus it makes things messier in post.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:49:51 PM by tapeheadtoo »

Offline guitard

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »

Re: 29 minute limit:

http://philipbloom.net/2009/06/03/the-lumix-30-minutes-eu-recording-issue/

In the past this concerned only models sold in Europe.  Does anyone know why this restriction is now being applied in the US??

If the HX9v indeed has the 29 minute limit, I think I'll just stick with my ZS3 that shoots indefinitely at 720p.  I really hate having to stop and restart, plus it makes things messier in post.

I'd be curious to know also.  For some reason I thought the Euro limit was even less than 29 mins - something like 15 mins.  It seems like the cams that shoot 1080 only have the limit for 1080 -- you can shoot unlimited 720 video with them.  The ZS10 is like that - so I'm guessing the HX9v is the same way.

I ordered a HX9v earlier this evening from B&H Photo.  I still have a ZS7 that I like a lot.  But I don't like the way it goes out of focus when I zoom in and out.  The ZS10 didn't do that - but oddly enough - it didn't seem to handle exposure very well and always seemed too dark when I used manual exposure.

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »
This isnt a HX9V thread, in fact i think there is already an hx9v thread here to discuss the camera.

I will bump that thread and answer your questions

Offline Sneakerface

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
My experience with multi-cam shots has mostly been not pre-planned in co-ordinating others to film, but tracking down others who just happened to have filmed the same show.

I've filmed a lot of Dead and related stuff (phil & friends, ratdog, TOO, Furthur).  The Phil show from summer '02 in Camden NJ is one I was not involved with , but I have it and it is a nice 2 or 3 cam shot.  I've also seen a 2 ...and later, 3 cam shot of the Jerry Garcia Band show in Hampton VA (11/91) in which Bruce Hornsby sat it - that looks very nice.

A friend of mine has done a lot of video editing (I'm more of a videotaper and leave the editing to others), and was going to work on a Furthur show that I filmed last year, and I know two other people who also filmed it - together we have the whole concert except for two years.  Unfortunately the friend that does editing is now an ex-friend - I refuse to deal with him anymore, but that is another story.

Would love to find someone willing and able to do some multi-cam editing on some Grateful Dead related shows .  I filmed Other Ones on 9/16/00, and it came out so-so...but I came across someone else who also filmed it, with some limitations, but together both of our shots would looks great !  Again, looking for help on this.

Slightly off-topic, as I guess it was planned to be an official release, but did anyone hear a few years ago how The Beastie Boys supposedly gave out 50 different videocams to fans and asked them to film from various places at the venue, and then give back the cameras, so they could officially release the show, from an audience perspective ??  I don't know if this project ever came to fruition or was ever release, because I don't follow Beastie Boys much, but it sounded like an interesting idea...

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 04:18:31 AM »
The Beastie Boys did release that video. I think it was called "Hey! I shot that"

To me it looked like they gave the cameras to mostly yahoo's that didn't have a clue about photography. I only watched a small part of it, but I wasn't impressed. Good idea but could have been better implemented.

Pretty sure I watched it on Netflix streaming if you've got that...might have been a DVD though.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline keytohwy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
I've got several of the recent Clapton/Winwood gigs on miniDV and am crowd-sourcing the other cams from YouTube users.  I've reached out to those that have posted, and without exception, they've all offered their master files in exchange for the finished product.  Should be a great DVD when complete.  Many of the sources are HD, which will allow me to work on shakiness, etc and then drop it down to SD with little side effects.  Stay tuned...

Offline jethro bo deen

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 12:32:29 AM »
Though this might be slightly off the main topic,  but might be useful  as   some commentary on shooting video with cameras as opposed to camcorders.

It is my opinion that  the Canon Powershot SX20IS   does  a  great job shooting video.      It is much better than all previous camcorders that I have owned.         The video quality is amazing.         There are two mics (stereo) on either side of the lens built in to the camera housing.       For the built ins on a camera,  they are among the best I've seen built in to any camera.    Wind noise is  a significant problem if you encounter wind.         Obviously,  when attempting to produce an amateur multicamera  performance dvd,  one  is  going to record  audio with a dedicated  top quality audio recorder and mic rig  and then   synch  with  the  various camera's footage.

I've never shot anything  where I used multicameras and such  or significant post production,  so  I can't  help  there.     I can only say that the Canon Powershot  SX20IS   does  a good job with video, (its stereo audio track is  decent  with  full sound with deep bass).    The audio track is  better than one would get in the old days on a Sony Wm-D6 cassette and Radio Shack Realistic Stereo Mic.   
The Canon camera   never draws attention because it is  a camera.        It  has presented  no problems with security anywhere.    I'm certain that there may be newer  state of the art camcorders that exceed its video capabilities,  but  on most other camcorders from just a few years ago,  they just don't  shoot video as well as that camera,   in my opinion.         I  must qualify that statement and say that I'm one of those that wants simplicity and just turn it on and point/shoot,  etc   and   don't get  technical with manual focusing and things that someone who really knows what they are doing would normally do with quality camcorders.   

Offline leib

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
I haven't seen it i a while but the U2 vegas from 2001 stands out in my mind
the cam in the heart gives an incredible you are there feel

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:39 AM »
I haven't seen it i a while but the U2 vegas from 2001 stands out in my mind
the cam in the heart gives an incredible you are there feel

I was the adam side cam in that mix
Here is a special that aired on VH1 and much music about the girl that play People Get Ready at that show, and features footage we shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyo1VZIWgF8

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
Vertigo from Anaheim
1st draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP2R2uLCl_k

Offline yousef

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »
Excellent stuff - particularly like the use of crowd shots. I've only ever put two-cam projects together so I can't begin to imagine the amount of work involved in this - fabulous work.

Shame it's U2 though...  ;)
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 02:38:01 AM »
Here's
Until the end of the World

i had shared a previous 4 cam version
now this has all the cams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AD19iIM3mE

Offline guitard

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
They're listed as private - and won't play.

Here's

Vertigo from Anaheim
1st draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP2R2uLCl_k

Offline datmike

• Taperssection Regular
  • Jah!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
That's real nice!

Here's

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
I use the panny DMC-ZS7 for video, because its small and it really does a great job in low light for its price range. I can get 4 hours of straight video, but the battery usually lasts about 1 hour so , I keep on hand extra batteries.  I filmed Roger Waters entire ST. Pete times forum show on the panny.  I also did Colin Hay- acoustic concert, entirely with the panny-  I have not released this video yet.  I recorded from front row so I have good views.
also recently did Ben Harper at the vic theater in chicago along with 3 eddie vedder solo shows, 2 in chicago and 1 in philly. Also recorded audio for all shows.  Eddie vedder shows wont be released in video, but the audio from Eddie Vedder shows is available, as i taped from 2nd row, its roaming around somehere on the net.  But also I am an audio first, then Video.  So I think of audio when attending a show and if video can work then i will try. So my 2 cents wont go far if youall are mostly interested in video first.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:41:11 PM by bluntforcetrauma »

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »
I use the panny DMC-ZS7 for video, because its small and it really does a great job in low light for its price range. I can get 4 hours of straight video, but the battery usually lasts about 1 hour so , I keep on hand extra batteries.  I filmed Roger Waters entire ST. Pete times forum show on the panny.  I also did Colin Hay- acoustic concert, entirely with the panny-  I have not released this video yet.  I recorded from front row so I have good views.
also recently did Ben Harper at the vic theater in chicago along with 3 eddie vedder solo shows, 2 in chicago and 1 in philly. Also recorded audio for all shows.  Eddie vedder shows wont be released in video, but the audio from Eddie Vedder shows is available, as i taped from 2nd row, its roaming around somehere on the net.  But also I am an audio first, then Video.  So I think of audio when attending a show and if video can work then i will try. So my 2 cents wont go far if youall are mostly interested in video first.

I think you posted in the wrong thread, this isnt a list all the things you have filmed and talk about stuff you have recorded thread

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
sorry, just reporting what camera's that have been used, similar replies exist in this thread, just informing on reliability and quality.

Offline JayBTV

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
I have two Dave Matthews Band channels where I do this exclusively.  I use HD Youtube footage along with Deshaker (Gunner Thalin) and taper audio to create mix songs/DVDs.  It was a project/idea I ran with at the beginning of the 2010 tour since phones were starting to get 720p recording capabilities.  I figured since so many casual fans dump clips to youtube that I could clean them up a lot, sync taper audio, and compile them into high quality videos.  It's gone extremely well.

Almost all of my videos are multicams created using youtube sources.  I do film w/ tripod and camcorder at many of the shows I attend as well though:

Here are some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etzh_BWc76k&feature=player_detailpage#t=9646s (11/19/10 - Charlottesville)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfwV5lMDUA&feature=player_detailpage#t=489s (Cortez w/ Warren Haynes from 9/3/11 at the Gorge - there's some webcast video in there too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQRCKPE8qA (9/11/10 - Dallas - The Last Stop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp2iyMW_rgw (7/10/11 - Chicago - Full show compiled using only ripped youtube sources)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjfqMbzgbA (Pearl Jam - Chloe Dancer / Crown of thorns)
------

My ultimate achievement was probably compiling that full 7/10/11 Chicago show from over 40 different youtube sources.  I author all of my full shows to DVD and also create sampler DVDs w/ highlight mixes every so often (did 5 in 2010).

My Channel addresses:
-----
www.youtube.com/chestercopperpot5 - My main channel w/ mostly single song mixes
www.youtube.com/oneeeyedwilly5 - Extended or full shows.  The '10 and '11 ones I mixed out.

(BTW if you have audio/video sync issues w/ the long videos right click on the youtube player window, pick settings, and disable hardware acceleration.  For some reason it can throw off the sync on 2hr+ videos)....

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:13:23 AM by JayBTV »
@Copperpot5

Offline kisspep

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »
Maybe is not the best, but this is my 8cam mix from Kiss in Madrid 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafLq-gG-qY

Closest right angle is filmed by me... with JVC Everio 28x standar camcorder. Other 7cam are from HD masters.
Mics: CA-11 (cards) / CA-11 Series II Omnis.
Power: Church Audio Ugly Battery Box.
Preamp: Church Audio CA-9000.
Recorder: Zoom H2 / Tascam DR-07 / Tascam DR2D
Video: Lumix ZS3 / Lumix ZR3

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
For anyone interested The U2 Anaheim show is now being torrented

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1693436#post1693436

http://u2torrents.com/t?id=8396

or you can watch the full show on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/u2anaheim2011/videos

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
cool thanks - im a little late to this thread ...... looking fw to watching the U2
I'll post our youtube page give a look ;

http://www.youtube.com/user/PanamaRedLTF?ob=0
Retired.

Offline BobbyHurley

• Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
May not be the "best" but sure was some fun to record (audio and video). The band allowed fans to record the show as a contest for best fan video submission.

moe. "In the Pit" - Live at The Fabulous Fox, Atlanta, GA ~ Jan. 31, 2004

Set I:  http://youtu.be/MpIDJY70P1A

Set II:  http://youtu.be/HkQNenAUf4Y
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.183 seconds with 77 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com