Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

soundcard for DAT transfer advice needed

(1/5) > >>

red:
My m-audio audiophile 2496 has bitten the dust, just as I was getting ready to transfer from some old DAT tapes.  I have an old Conner DDS drive I'm hoping to figure out, but I'd also like another option.  Are there any good external/USB interfaces I should consider?  Any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance. 

LoveBuzz81:

--- Quote from: red on March 26, 2017, 06:43:18 PM ---My m-audio audiophile 2496 has bitten the dust, just as I was getting ready to transfer from some old DAT tapes.  I have an old Conner DDS drive I'm hoping to figure out, but I'd also like another option.  Are there any good external/USB interfaces I should consider?  Any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

If you have a Mac you could buy the first Apogee Duet (Firewire) for under $200.  Or UA Apollo Duo.

twatts (pants are so over-rated...):
IMO, buy an inexpensive Recorder that does SPDIF input, and save your PC for other things...

Terry

LoveBuzz81:

--- Quote from: twatts (that "Pants" thing is so lame...) on March 27, 2017, 02:04:10 AM ---IMO, buy an inexpensive Recorder that does SPDIF input, and save your PC for other things...

Terry

--- End quote ---

or you could buy an inexpensive used audio interface like the duet with top shelf converters.

noahbickart:

--- Quote from: LoveBuzz81 on March 27, 2017, 02:35:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: twatts (that "Pants" thing is so lame...) on March 27, 2017, 02:04:10 AM ---IMO, buy an inexpensive Recorder that does SPDIF input, and save your PC for other things...

Terry

--- End quote ---

or you could buy an inexpensive used audio interface like the duet with top shelf converters.

--- End quote ---

Why buy stuff you don't need?

If you want to do DAT transfers, an inexpensive recorder or interface with a bit perfect spdif is all you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version