Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone ever have an LC-3 go bad?  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
anyone ever have an LC-3 go bad?
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
I was at a show the other night setting up my Neumann actives and when I powered them throgh the V3 I only got one channel. So swapped the cables with the bodies and the problem followed the cable. Fortnately, I always carry the shock mounts and full size XLRs so I torn down the active and set that up. No problems running the full size rig the problem wasn't the mic bodies/caps and must be the cables. I break it all out of my gear bag this weekend and continue to troubleshoot but am wondering if it's kind of a common problem?

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
Re: anyone ever have an LC-3 go bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »
Your best bet is to send it in for service. 

Sennheiser Electronic Corporation
attn.: Service Department
1 Enterprise Drive
Old Lyme, CT 06371-1568

Tel: 860-434-9190 Fax: 860-434-1759

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
Thanks for that contact info Larry. I finally set it all up and tested yesterday and wasn't able to reproduce the problem  ???  I was hoping to find one of the two "shorty" XLRs that connect the KM100s to the 702 (a much cheaper repair/replacement) but both channels worked fine. So I'm happy I don't have the problem anymore but then I'm always suspicious of problems that resolve themselves  :-\ 

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
Maybe a piece of dirt on 1 end of the contacts? Glad to hear it is all better now.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
Yes, I had a fault in one of my cables a few inches from the end due to lots of use over time.  It was intermittant for a few shows then worked great for several until it went out completely during a show.   I sent it in and they shortened the cable to eliminate the break and shortened the other one to match.  Your issue might be different, but think being suspicious is the right thing.  If you didn't find an obvious cause I think you should try to duplicate it before declaring victory just to be sure you don't have my experience.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com