Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD-P2 internal/external question  (Read 6126 times)

Offline mattmiller

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: HD-P2 internal/external question
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »
You know what Matt, try the "D" tip. I tried plugging it into my P2 and it seemed to fit, I just didn't ry to power it up. I always assumed their was a standardized size list, but in trying the Tekkeon tips it doesn't seem to match what I thought was a conventional system. For DVD batteries and the bixnet battery I posted a link to the "M" tip is the right tip, so if the "D" tip doesn't work for you then try to get a "M" tip.

The D tip doesn't seem to work.  It physically fits, but the unit would not power on.  I'll take a look at Radio Shack and see if they have the right one.
Mics: Neumann KM100 (x4), AK40 (x2), AK50 (x2)
Pre: Lunatec V3
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2 (x2), Sony PCM-M10

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 08:21:45 PM »
jason - what kind of charger and cables do you need with that battery to make it work..? does it give more juice than the bixnet one myco has posted..? would this make a difference to me since i am running phantom (to the c422)... i guess that price includes everything, whereas i think there is more stuff to buy with the batteryspace option... has anybody tried to hack the power cord that comes with the p2 to make a battery cord that fits snugly..?

my internal aa rechargeables failed on me for the first time in several years the other night, so i am looking to go to an external power setup. thanks, in advance, for any insight and information - i appreciate it.
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:15:03 AM »
jason - what kind of charger and cables do you need with that battery to make it work..? does it give more juice than the bixnet one myco has posted..? would this make a difference to me since i am running phantom (to the c422)... i guess that price includes everything, whereas i think there is more stuff to buy with the batteryspace option... has anybody tried to hack the power cord that comes with the p2 to make a battery cord that fits snugly..?

my internal aa rechargeables failed on me for the first time in several years the other night, so i am looking to go to an external power setup. thanks, in advance, for any insight and information - i appreciate it.

i hacked the original cable that tascam sent to power on the wall wart, spliced 4pin XLR on either side, and then added a 4pin XLR on the battery pack from battery space.  that way i can reuse the wall-wart and have a nice locking connection for the battery.  we also ordered an XLR splitter so we can power both the hdp2 and the mini-me.

used different tips for a while, but seemed to never really fit perfectly, both the m and d tips.  lost enough recordings that it was definitely worth it to splice the original cable.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
thanks todd. that is a good idea, so that you can keep the wall wart functional, too...

i ended up buying this battery (the one that jason linked to on the previous page), this charger, and this connector. i am planning on just connecting the wires from the other end of the tamiya connector to the plug i hack from my wallwart (assuming i can find it)...

i dont really need the wall wart, i have two p2s, so i have a functioning wallwart (somewhere  :o)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:09:58 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
so i made the cable last night - with some help from justy guyee - and all works fine, but when i check the power readings i get 13.46v from the battery. is this too much..? i bought the 12v 4500 battery that jason linked to, so i assume it would be fine since it is the same battery others use with success...

-macdaddy ++

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »
you'll be fine.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »
thanks - i just wanted to make sure. and thx for the link (i wouldnt have found the battery w/o your post)... i think i should be the way to go since i use the tmod, so i run the works (a/d, pres, etc.), and the AAs were not cutting it...

+t
-macdaddy ++

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com