Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Kansas City Tapers  (Read 2150 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
Kansas City Tapers
« on: June 16, 2004, 11:08:21 AM »
Just wondered who on here is a Kansas City taper. Thought we might want to get a list together before the summer show season really gets cooking. That way not worthy show goes untaped. So if you are from the Land of Oz just leave a reply with the shows you are planning on hitting this summer.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Kansas City Tapers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:16:58 AM »
Kansas City taper here ;)...  I'm usually pretty busy :'(, but I tape what I can...

Scott
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline wsphansam

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My trading list.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 11:47:32 AM »
Topeka taper, but I usually make it to quite a few shows over that way. I plan on hitting moe. on June 26th, and YMSB/Keller/Flecktones in August at the City Market. Undecided still on the ABB at the Uptown, 60 dollar ticket+gas+food = too much money for someone who's starting college in two months.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wsphansam

Team Kansasouri, Southern Office
Team Texas

Offline highwayjill

• Taperssection All-Star
  • highwayjill was a daffodil...
    • my cd list
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 12:34:56 PM »
I'm not in KC (anymore  :( )  but i still go see shows there a lot.  Going to wakarusa this weekend, then moe. next weekend, and who knows what after that.

cindy

taperkat

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »
I was for 4 years until i moved :)

most of my taping friends are offline.  >:(

I miss the Blue Note and the Uptown and I MISS WORKING AT VENUES THAT GIVE A SHIT. *sob*

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 05:41:05 PM »
I MISS WORKING AT VENUES THAT GIVE A SHIT
No kidding there. I followed a couple of bands up to Chicago and such, although the crowds were bigger they didnt know how to respect each other and respect the bands themselves. Im not ragging on big cities here...you all have most of the nightlife, but the venues here are just so intimate and friendly. Also, while were are on the topic of the Uptown, Guster and OAR there were amazing.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 09:58:10 AM »
I'll be at Wakarusa Friday Night(maybe), Saturday afternoon  & Sunday.  Have to work doing a server upgrade so it all depends on how well things go.  I have tickets for Ben Folds/Guster, John Mayer, Bruce Hornsby & will probably hit the SCI show as well.  See you all around....

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »
bump
Herbert Marcuse

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com