Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DIY - Battery Box  (Read 12219 times)

Offline jonohull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 12/10/07...
Re: DIY - Battery Box
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 11:49:51 AM »
I have all my pieces except for an enclosure. I haven't found one I like yet.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »
I have all my pieces except for an enclosure. I haven't found one I like yet.

The one I use is the Hammond 1593PBK its cheap and its very durable.. And easy to mount a circuit board in.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline taug

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
I ordered my parts for this, too. As soon as they get here I'm going to start on it. Everyone on here who does this should post pictures, so we can compare our handiwork.

Dont use 2.2uf use 10uf....

What's the benefit?

Flat frequency response in the low frequencies..

Chris

Does the type of capacitor make a big difference here (electrolytic, polyester film, polypropylene film, etc...)?

That has been a huge argument that has been going on for a long time. I will say this there is a reason why high end manufacturers of audio gear are using Metal film resistors and Mylar or polypropylene capacitors. They are very expensive compared to electrolytic and still these companies use the more expensive caps. So I say Yes buy the best caps you can afford to purchase. In small qualities we are talking about 3.00 each for a 10uf film cap. They are very hard to find in small sizes check out BC components. Or Vishay. or the best IMO WIMA caps.. If you Google any one of these you will come up with sources and places to purchase them. Remember for you application get the lowest voltage you can find. That will probably be 16volt but it might be as high as 63 volt. Remember the smaller the voltage the smaller the cap will generally be when we are talking 2uf to 10uf caps..

Chris

Chris,

Sorry to be such a noob but can you point me in the direction of a vendor for 10uf WIMA caps?  Places like mouser and digikey don't seem to stock them and my google searches are turning up distributors rather than specific vendors... 
Thanks

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »
I ordered my parts for this, too. As soon as they get here I'm going to start on it. Everyone on here who does this should post pictures, so we can compare our handiwork.

Dont use 2.2uf use 10uf....

What's the benefit?

Flat frequency response in the low frequencies..

Chris

Does the type of capacitor make a big difference here (electrolytic, polyester film, polypropylene film, etc...)?

That has been a huge argument that has been going on for a long time. I will say this there is a reason why high end manufacturers of audio gear are using Metal film resistors and Mylar or polypropylene capacitors. They are very expensive compared to electrolytic and still these companies use the more expensive caps. So I say Yes buy the best caps you can afford to purchase. In small qualities we are talking about 3.00 each for a 10uf film cap. They are very hard to find in small sizes check out BC components. Or Vishay. or the best IMO WIMA caps.. If you Google any one of these you will come up with sources and places to purchase them. Remember for you application get the lowest voltage you can find. That will probably be 16volt but it might be as high as 63 volt. Remember the smaller the voltage the smaller the cap will generally be when we are talking 2uf to 10uf caps..

Chris

Chris,

Sorry to be such a noob but can you point me in the direction of a vendor for 10uf WIMA caps?  Places like mouser and digikey don't seem to stock them and my google searches are turning up distributors rather than specific vendors... 
Thanks

http://www.tawelectronics.com/
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline shadowfax1007

• Taperssection Regular
    • BNELive
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I don't want to add another "how to build a battery box" thread.

I've been searching the forums for ages to find an easy to build, no non-sense battery box.

The link in this post is dead, so I couldn't see the schematic.

I'm just using basic home made WM61a stereo mic's. Would this battery box work?

www.bnelive.net

Mics:
SP-CMC-2 (Cardioid & Sub-Cardioid caps)
SP-BMC-12 (Omni)
SP-BMC-1 (Omni)

Power:
SP-SPSB-10

Recorders:
Olympus LS-10
Olympus LS-12
Sony PCM-A10

Offline Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »
That should work fine shadowfax1007.. http://webpages.charter.net/tidmarsh/binmic/

search wm61a on here and you should find other useful topics.
neil
Mic's: AKG C214's, Line Audio CM3, AT4041SP, AT853 (C, SC, O), AT943 (C, H)
Pre's: Sound Devices MixPre 2
Rec's: Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-44, Tascam DR60D MKii, Tascam DR70D x 2

Offline Giant_Rick

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »
The thread linked in the first post can be found here:
http://forums.sonyinsider.com/index.php?showtopic=14343&st=0

I am going to make one this week -- on Saturday there's a gig with some friends of mine and they are very loud, so I need a BB!

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »
FWIW, i built a battery box using the schematics posted by shadowfax here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=80917.0

actually i'll probably rebuild it soon as it recentlyl broke down on me.

Offline headroom

• Taperssection Regular
    • My Work with Photos and for Documentary Cinema ( Soundjob)
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 08:32:56 AM »
I put the 9Volt Schematic in. It came from DPA Tech Switzerland
10 uf Rubycon ZL . For more better sound  use 2 Bypass Polypropylen 0.15uf and 20 nf. Dont use a board in solder it in the air direct In to Out. Burning in in the Caps for 50-100 hrs

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com