Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A WIN with typically useless manufacturer supplied surround modes on receivers  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Properly tweaked (choose the least offensive preset, adjust the effect level down to just a barely dectectable amount of 'verb and reduce/adjust the surround speaker levels as required) those ordinarily usless manufacturer designed surround modes on 5.1 or 7.1 home theater receivers can actually be useful for sweetening playback of straight SBD tapes.  Those presets ordinarily get no love and for good reason, but I used one yesterday to liven-up / open-up an otherwise sterile, flat sounding board tape to something much more enjoyable on my surround system.  Consider it when the SBD is too dry on it's own- which is the only good use for those modes I've found.  YMMV.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com