Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: apogee mmp repair question  (Read 2095 times)

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
apogee mmp repair question
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »
@ a dumstaphunk show I was bumped by someone while setting up and my mmp hit the wood floor from about 1.5 to 2" drop.  :'(Gain control is now whack on the left channel not showing levels until almost 50db gain that jumps to full blown out levels and distorts. Also appears as though it is now locked in ms matrix or possibly phantom power is not sending full/correct charge to one channel (ho's can still work w/low power 9v - 48v). Any suggestions or similiar experiences w/this type of problem? ???
It apperas from my searches that apogee charges are extreme and slow too. Sweetwater and guitar center are listed as authorized repair vendors. Any experience w/either of them? Any other repair guys you might suggest? ::)

Thanx

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: apogee mmp repair question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
Bummer!

Ideally you could first find someone local with great skill who could open it up and examine it for easily resolved issues.  And maybe get an idea whether it is simple or serious.   They'd be looking for stuff most likely to get damaged in an impact.

It could just need a new pot, maybe some things need to be re-seated.

An impact can flex the board and crack solder joints.

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: apogee mmp repair question
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
From my experiences Apogee doesn't over charge for their service. I think they'll hit you for $75 to open the unit up and look at it -- but you can ask them to contact you before they start doing any repair work, for an estimate on fixing your gear. 
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2)
Schoeps CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com