Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A couple of SLA questions! Help a newbie out!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
A couple of SLA questions! Help a newbie out!
« on: April 29, 2005, 09:04:56 PM »
Hey Yall,

I still getting my very first rig all set up.  So far goes kinda like this SPC4s>DigiMod UA-5>jb3.  I haven't dedided on my cables yet, and a few other peripherals.  I am getting leggedy to make me a VR box as well.  I have choosen to use SLA batts at first.  Anyways, I was wondering what web sites or stores should I look at to purchase an SLA.  And I am also wondering if a 12V/9ah with 9000mah SLA would run my rig for 10+ hours.  Based on some of the threads I have read I think it would but am not to sure how to figure this out.  Any info on either question would be super sweet.  Thanks.

Joe
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: A couple of SLA questions! Help a newbie out!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 09:51:13 PM »
Hey Yall,

I still getting my very first rig all set up.  So far goes kinda like this SPC4s>DigiMod UA-5>jb3.  I haven't dedided on my cables yet, and a few other peripherals.  I am getting leggedy to make me a VR box as well.  I have choosen to use SLA batts at first.  Anyways, I was wondering what web sites or stores should I look at to purchase an SLA.  And I am also wondering if a 12V/9ah with 9000mah SLA would run my rig for 10+ hours.  Based on some of the threads I have read I think it would but am not to sure how to figure this out.  Any info on either question would be super sweet.  Thanks.

Joe

i would say go w/ a wally world li-ion.  12v/9ah is a hoss.  2 wallmart bats would give you more power(10.4ah) at 1/3 the weight. 

I get 20+ hours on 12.8ah of 7.2v nimh for UA5 & JB3 w/ someting similar to the leggedy VRbox.  1 wallmart batt gets 5+ hours.

I would check locally for the SLAs to save on shipping but there are some deals to be had online.  should be ~$20-25 for a 9ah.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 10:04:20 PM »
Hey Yall,

Joe

i would say go w/ a wally world li-ion.  12v/9ah is a hoss.  2 wallmart bats would give you more power(10.4ah) at 1/3 the weight. 

I get 20+ hours on 12.8ah of 7.2v nimh for UA5 & JB3 w/ someting similar to the leggedy VRbox.  1 wallmart batt gets 5+ hours.

I would check locally for the SLAs to save on shipping but there are some deals to be had online.  should be ~$20-25 for a 9ah.

Do the wallies need a charger as well?  It seems like the sla needs one right?  I agree that 2 wallmarts would be more ideal but thats about $100 I believe.  And the sla would be far cheaper.

And what kind of stores would I go to for an sla?
Joe

Offline tms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 12:46:34 PM »
Hey Yall,

Joe

Do the wallies need a charger as well?  It seems like the sla needs one right?  I agree that 2 wallmarts would be more ideal but thats about $100 I believe.  And the sla would be far cheaper.

Joe

How about a battery store? or www.mcmaster.com and get it the next day.

The JB3 draws ~300 mA while recording (250mA occasionally flickering up to 750mA with HD writes), not sure about the UA-5.  Just considering the JB3 you should get at least 3 hours of taping per 1Ahr of battery.  So a 10Ahr battery would give a safe 30 hours of taping.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP battery box > Edirol R-09

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
Hey Yall,

Joe

Joe

How about a battery store? or www.mcmaster.com and get it the next day.

The JB3 draws ~300 mA while recording (250mA occasionally flickering up to 750mA with HD writes), not sure about the UA-5.  Just considering the JB3 you should get at least 3 hours of taping per 1Ahr of battery.  So a 10Ahr battery would give a safe 30 hours of taping.

Awesome so either 2 of the wallmart batts or a SLA with 9ah would easily run my whole rig for 10+ it seems.  SWEET!

Thanks guys,
Joe

If anyone else has something to add I would appreciate it greatly!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com