Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help choosing Denon reciever...  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Help choosing Denon reciever...
« on: May 14, 2005, 01:04:16 AM »
Just wanted to get some input on Denon receivers to run a DVD player and a couple speakers for my TV in the living room.  As of now I have two Klipsch Synergy F1 speakers that max out at 100watts.  Im planning on adding some more speakers but right now I need a receiver to power everything.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Kevin ;)
481(3)>722

Offline Weirdness

• Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
Re: Help choosing Denon reciever...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »
I'm not up on all the model #'s 100%, but I would strongly recommend going a couple of steps up the line.  The entry level Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha pieces seem to have gotten much cheaper and more gutless then they were a few years back.  You'll appreciate the upcharge on the Denon piece if you go this way, whereas the entry level pieces will not give you huge gains over a Pioneer/JVC/Sony etc.  Looks like the 2105/2805 are where you'll start in the better put together units.

My folks have an electronics store and have sold Denon for 15 years or so if you're wondering where I'm coming from on all this...

And, as always have a listen to a few even if it's just in stereo to see what strikes you as best. 

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »
anyone ever heard AVR-985SP A/V Surround Receiver <-this one.  Any thoughts?
thanks again
481(3)>722

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:48:38 PM »

My folks have an electronics store and have sold Denon for 15 years or so if you're wondering where I'm coming from on all this...

that's really cool!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline taylorc

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:31:58 PM »
Anyone have experience with an Onkyo TX-NR901? http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=TX-NR901&class=Receiver&p=i

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com