Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to seed on etree??  (Read 2950 times)

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
How to seed on etree??
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
So its my first time uploading anything and I can't figure out how to get the seed going.  I'm sure I'm missing a simple step somewhere but this is getting really frustrating and I need some help.

I'm on a mac and using Transmission to create the torrent then followed the guidelines to upload to etree but can't figure out how to start seeding now that its uploaded.  Any help would be very greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
Re: How to seed on etree??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
Could you provide a little more information as to what the problem is?
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »
How long has your torrent been 'seeding' without any connections to it?  Sometimes it just takes a little while for the torrent to start.  Be sure to open the torrent file like a normal one once etree gives you the ok.  Are you getting any specific errors in your client? 
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline achalsey

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
I don't really know what the problem is to be honest, and I'm pretty sure its me missing a step rather than a technical problem, I just can't figure out what I'm missing after I uploaded the torrent file to etree.

I converted the files to flac through xACT.  Wrote out the a flac fingerprint file along with a text file and put them together with the songs in a file and used Transmission to turn that into a torrent file.  I followed etree's guidelines to upload that file but now that its uploaded I can't figure out how to become the first seed to get it going.  I tried opening it in transmission now that its uploaded but it says the tracker doesn't recognize the file. 

My problem is I can't figure out how to get transmission to see the info from my computer and start uploading it to the file I just started on etree, if that helps at all.

Edit, for audball's comment:  I seem to be the only connection and it shows me as a leech, should I just leave it open?  I don't seem to be getting any specific errors though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:09:35 PM by achalsey »

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
Just covering bases here but did you...

Ensure you are using the correct tracker URL: http://tracker.etree.org:6969/announce when you are creating the torrent file?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline achalsey

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
Yes, I'm not exactly sure what it really means, but I did put that address as the tracker.

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
did you dl the new torrent file from etree? it's been a while but iirc you need to do that to start a torrent out.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline grtphl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
Edit, for audball's comment:  I seem to be the only connection and it shows me as a leech, should I just leave it open?  I don't seem to be getting any specific errors though.
Download the torrent file you uploaded to etree and open it in Transmission. If you can't find the upload, look for it here:
http://bt.etree.org/?searches=&cat=0&incldead=1

You need to designate the download folder in Transmission. Instead of saving the show to /Downloads or whatever the default is, save the files to the folder you created the *.torrent file out of-- the folder that already has the files you are trying to seed.

Then you won't be a leecher on the seed, as Transmission will then recognize that you already have the files, verify them, and start seeding.

Offline achalsey

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
^^

Thanks, not sure how quickly etree works but tried that and will leave it open to hopefully start seeding soon.  Its still saying I'm a leech and transmission isn't doing anything yet but I'll check back in a bit and see if anything has happened.  Thanks for all the help, I'll post with results one way or the other.

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »
i don't know transmition, but, it shouldn't say you're leaching if it's pointed to the right directory. even if no one else is on the torrent. did you move anything after you made the torrent? even if you have it pointed to a different directory, and you are leaching, it would be downloading to the new directory. if it says you're leaching and not downloading anything, you most likely have the wrong target directory in the original torrent file.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com